R64 Kent State Post Game Thread

KDB

I realize the box score doesn't show it, but damn....Gallo played some great defense on Carry and great D all night long. And his push up the floor with the assist to TJD for the slam was awesome.

I really think Gallo will be a stud next year. Remember, he hasn't had a full season without significant injury since when? His Freshman year? (can't remember that far back)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DWB said:

I realize the box score doesn't show it, but damn....Gallo played some great defense on Carry and great D all night long. And his push up the floor with the assist to TJD for the slam was awesome.

I really think Gallo will be a stud next year. Remember, he hasn't had a full season without significant injury since when? His Freshman year? (can't remember that far back)

The box score 100% shows that. TG held him 4-17... Bates/JHS were solid on him, as well. 

• Like 1

Loved everything last night. JHS was taking the game over when he got his 2nd phantom foul of the half. I thought he was one of many that played well. 

I liked JGs mins in the first half, also. 

Another scheduled 3 min break in the 1H on Sunday, please, for TJD. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also.. @dbmhoosier did Rob Vanderhoff get his ass kicked or what? Lol 

Incredible offensive game plan to attack the rim with midgets and get swatted by our programs leading shot blocker of all time. A coaching savant he is not. 

That poster is an old rivals poster and that kind of post is the norm over there 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Got to enjoy 40 minutes of good basketball from my team tainted by 35 minutes of the announcers talking about how "battle tested" Kent State was because of two losses. Play the $#@&! Big10 and then talk to me about being battle tested.

Upsets are what sell in the first round (we'll that and 12,000,001 commercial breaks).  They have to talk up the team most people have never heard of for the casual fans that poke their head in this time of year because they filled out a bracket.  People "know" Indiana.  They don't "know" as much about Kent St.  You might find someone out West that is like "Vietnam War shooting or something?" but that is about it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Race hitting threes could be huge. The two he hit last night looked good, and he hit another (I think against Michigan) that looked really confident.

If he is back to being able to shoot a respectable clip on a couple attempts per game, that’s a game changer. 

Where is everyone who said he should never be shooting 3s?

Wonder how this changes Miami's scouting? I doubt they guard him out there 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

They should be careful what they wish for.  They aren't exactly a destination job IMO.

They are fools if they really want him fired.  The 5 previous tournaments they've advanced to S16 4 times and the E8 in one of those years., and 3 Big ten titles I think.  Historically good results for purdue.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Where is everyone who said he should never be shooting 3s?

Wonder how this changes Miami's scouting? I doubt they guard him out there 

I wouldn't say never but only if he is wide open by a mile which he was last night.  Outside of Arizona and Kent State he is a very poor 3 point shooter.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I wouldn't say never but only if he is wide open by a mile which he was last night.  Outside of Arizona and Kent State he is a very poor 3 point shooter.  

The beauty of last night is now teams realize they can’t leave him open by a mile!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

He's playing with confidence now. He's a battle tested veteran. Hopefully finally healthy. I hope he really shines in this tournament and can end his career at IU on a high note. He deserves it

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I got a little over 4 hours sleep last night, how about everyone else? And our next game is late!!!?

Someone should fill a paper bag with manure and take it to the NCAA offices light it and ring the bell!

After how late last night's game went (well into Saturday), I am glad we have a late game on Sunday.