NCAA Tournament 2nd Round-Miami Pre-Game

IUFLA

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Hoping we play well. Going to be a long night if we continue over helping on drives like we have most of the season.  Really worried about that because we give up a ton of open 3's when we do that. 

The strategy should be to run them off the 3pt line and force them to have to make difficult 2's over TJD, Reneau, etc. 

Should be… we’ll see

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So this view from a Hurricane fan is so...well, misguided...

image.thumb.png.420db36b4d39d8559e49c39e7fa4e0bc.png

Our seeding was wholly based on our 2 wins against Purdue? Really?

I mean, we did beat Xavier, who just dominated one of the top teams in the ACC...and they had their second best player (Freemantle) then...and it was AT, Xavier...

And I just looked over and saw that Clemson, who finished tied for 2nd in the ACC got beat by Morehead State in the NIT...a team we beat by 35 in the regular season...

Here's hoping that we can oust the last reamaining ACC team

It's hard to blame them for their lack of knowledge in the game of basketball.  They had 1 tournament appearance in their first 70 years of competition.  It's hard to learn without experienced teachers. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This view from a Hurricane fan is so...well, misguided...

I mean, we did beat Xavier, who just dominated one of the top teams in the ACC...and they had their second best player (Freemantle) then...and it was AT, Xavier...

And I just looked over and saw that Clemson, who finished tied for 2nd in the ACC got beat by Morehead State in the NIT...a team we beat by 35 in the regular season...

Let's just say the Purdue wins and the Xavier wins were all we had.... is that not better by a lot than anything they have this year? Unless I'm missing something, did they win a single game away from Miami against a tournament team all year? 

I mean the guy couldn't have been more clear he doesn't understand basketball if he tried than simply citing avg points for and against...

• Like 2

I believe Virginia, Maryland, and Rutgers were the only defense that Miami faced that ranked higher than ours on KenPom, and they put up a big ole average of 68 PPG against those teams.

On the offensive side, we will be the best offense they have played all year (per KenPom). The two best ACC offenses on KenPom were Pitt and Va Tech, who they played once each, and those two averaged 75 against Miami.

• Like 5

Another KenPom note, Miami went 1-3 against Maryland and Duke, who profile the most similar to us on KenPom of the teams they played (didn't play anyone higher than those two).

If we can avoid letting them create chaos and then taking advantage of us from three with that chaos, I think we can win this one. Certainly don't expect a blowout, but could definitely see a game that we control most of the 40 minutes. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

A very, very small point. Nick's not opening up tonight for game. The kids who frequent your establishment are now Junior/Seniors who had to live 2 years with Archie. Shame on you Nick's....and spare me the staff needs a break crap on a Sunday night.

Wow, that’s crazy. Almost unimaginable to have that happen. 

That said, this game is all IU. Seniors are going to want it, and Miami won’t have an answer for our inside game. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

A very, very small point. Nick's not opening up tonight for game. The kids who frequent your establishment are now Junior/Seniors who had to live 2 years with Archie. Shame on you Nick's....and spare me the staff needs a break crap on a Sunday night.

I agree. Come on, Nick’s-it’s March Madness! The kids need a place to gather and cheer on our Hoosiers! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Wow, that’s crazy. Almost unimaginable to have that happen. 

That said, this game is all IU. Seniors are going to want it, and Miami won’t have an answer for our inside game. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierGirlinTucson said:

I agree. Come on, Nick’s-it’s March Madness! The kids need a place to gather and cheer on our Hoosiers! 

A big miss by them. Let the kids have their Nick's moment. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope I get to experience Nicks with some HSN brethren sometime!! However, I think this talks to the NEW enlightened generation changing business with their inexperienced life! Been a part of it in the early 70’s!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

This view from a Hurricane fan is so...well, misguided...

They're just jealous we got that Miami connection and they can't even buy a player from Montverde. 

• Like 2