IU Women's Basketball

Drroogh

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Well that was unexpected. Carbon copy of the men’s game. 

What a miserable tourney this year for both teams. 

Not a carbon copy. Close,….but a little more digestible and palpable then the men’s game. IU had multiple chances late in the 4th to go up 1 or 2 but rushed a few shots, missed a couple bunnies and turned it over. Holmes missing two free throws late was huge. The ladies were actually fighting tooth and nail till the end.

• Like 1

I hate basketball and will never watch a game again...

Alright I'm back. It was miserable loss at home and obviously not the way we any hoped the Women's season would go. They had their chances in the end but didn't hit their free throws when it mattered most. This is the beauty and horribleness of the NCAA tournament. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Not a carbon copy. Close,….but a little more digestible and palpable then the men’s game. IU had multiple chances late in the 4th to go up 1 or 2 but rushed a few shots, missed a couple bunnies and turned it over. Holmes missing two free throws late was huge. The ladies were actually fighting tooth and nail till the end.

Yeah, I guess I at least had the expectation that the women would come back. Which made it even worse. 

Guess it could be worse, we could be Purdue! 

Just now, Lostin76 said:

Yeah, I guess I at least had the expectation that the women would come back. Which made it even worse. 

Guess it could be worse, we could be Purdue! 

Right on! Like I said in an earlier post. IU women will be just fine. They will most likely be ranked pre-season top 5 next year and can only improve. We definitely are going to miss Berger. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Anyone notice anything on that last play? I didn’t see it in the original camera angle but it is really bad from this angle.

What? I noticed we shouldn’t have thrown it in to Chloe. Berger should have gotten the ball and either created her own shot or found a shooter. 

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

What? I noticed we shouldn’t have thrown it in to Chloe. Berger should have gotten the ball and either created her own shot or found a shooter. 

No the Miami play…not our last play….maybe I’m just blind but do you not see an horrible missed call?

43 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I can’t tell if she stumbles before she catches the ball, as she’s catching it, or after she catches it. Thought it was pretty poor team defense regardless. 

It’s after 

44 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I can’t tell if she stumbles before she catches the ball, as she’s catching it, or after she catches it. Thought it was pretty poor team defense regardless. 

Not on the catch…after she picks up her dribble….she not only picks up her pivot foot but takes two steps.

• 7 months later...
49 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Using this thread to sing..

ROCKY TOP DOWN

Since we don't support our womens team with their own threads.

Don't shun me, we suck.

I've never been interested in women's basketball until Sydney Parrish showed up, and @btownqb started keeping us updated. 

I always found it boring but Teri Moren has them playing fundamental, physical basketball.  Im in!  Go Lady Hoosiers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've never been interested in women's basketball until Sydney Parrish showed up, and @btownqb started keeping us updated. 

I always found it boring but Teri Moren has them playing fundamental, physical basketball.  Im in!  Go Lady Hoosiers. 

It's time to give more than equal props to the ladies. I suspect they are better positioned to hang the next banner than the men. Terri is building an empire and has a head start on CMW.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Great times. Great crew to root for! 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

• Drroogh changed the title to IU Women's Basketball

The thing about the Stanford loss was it was early and I am sure coach has already made adjustments based off that.  I really like the women’s OOC schedule and akin it to how the men’s MSU team always plays stiff competition early.  Every year they lose some of those games and each year they’re the best men’s BIG team.  I can see CTM have that equate to success in the post season as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Princeton is gonna be a sneaky good win here. They beat a ranked Oklahoma team and lost to only 3 to UCLA who just took it to UCONN women which was there only loss before this IU loss

This and Tennessee will end up being very good wins for us. I would have liked to see us have another ranked team or two in the non-con. Our December schedule looks very light. 

• Like 1