Athleticism

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Also, that coach wont be there long. He will be snatched up quickly by a power house.

i'm not so sure. Powerhouses aren't exactly snatching coaches up from the SEC or B1G. PSU can throw a lot at Shrew - and does a head coach want to risk going to the Big 12 or PAC 12 in this climate? 

PSU can be like: Here's all the money and resources you can have to build a program, with less pressure. Or you can risk it all by going to a high pressure school in another conference. 

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I like Woody a lot.  He’s a very smart guy and an incredible leader.  A guy like Dakich who tries to criticize him is nowhere near his peer. It’s like Homer Simpson criticizing Einstein.

Comparing H. Simpson to Dakich is a grave injustice to Homer.  

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The officiating in the conference is a big issue and seemingly never gets addressed.  

I use to think that way but the refs does more conferences than just being soley a big ten ref. To me it is how the coaches want to play and it effects the amount of big time prospects that want to play that style.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I use to think that way but the refs does more conferences than just being soley a big ten ref. To me it is how the coaches want to play and it effects the amount of big time prospects that want to play that style.

Yeah, I saw a Big12 game late in the year where both teams were in the bonus before the first 2nd half TV timeout and one was almost double bonus. Watching several conference tourneys, I can't say that I saw dramatically better officiating. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

To me when looking at the ideal front line is Alabama with their length and athletic ability. 

3- 6'8 Miller 

4- 6'10 Clowney 

5- 6'11 name? He does not post up and no plays ran for him. Scores on offensive rebounds and drive and dish to him for a dunk.

At Woodson's press conference, he said something to the effect that he never coached a team that ran the O through the big man.  Having both Trayce and Race in the line up for the past 3 years has made the O pretty old school.  I think that will change going forward. It seems like all the guys from the Archie era (except TJD) are just role players. You love them and hate to see them leave but they are not game changers (either skill or athletic wise). 

• Like 3

This team was still mostly an Archie contracture team. Next year is basically all woodys guys. We played to our strength but hopefully our strength will be more interchangeable 1-4,switching, shooting, and a couple guys with some wiggle that can take dudes off the dribble. All these teams now have PGs with that loose hips and quick first step…not had that since Yogi.