IU vs Miami Post Game

ButlerHoosier

1 minute ago, Lizard said:

A few questions now that we laid another egg tonight:

Is TJD the best player to never win anything while at IU?  I cant remember an IU AA without a conf or NCA! title...curious if anyone knows.

Which 1andDone did IU get the least from in his time here?  Noah Vonleh, Romeo Langford, or JHS?

What style of play will Woodson adopt now that the team doesnt have an obvious focal point for next season?

Sorry about the poor showing more that the loss... we still we had more fun and big moments than in recent seasons.  Peace out!

Yes

Langford

More perimeter oriented 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I thought our guards took some ill-advised shots early in the shot clock when the game was close.  Not enough effort to get the ball to Trayce in the critical sequence after we got our short-lived lead, 

Kopp's pull-up 3 on a fast break?  That reminded me of me from my HS days.  Miller did it better though, at least his caught iron.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

One of the studio analysts said today that rebound was about effort, and that jumping ability and blocking out were overrated.  

Meh. It's about effort, it's about blocking out, it's about length and it's about how quickly you can "2nd" jump. 

All those things play a part. Omeri pushed TJD under the basket and outmuscled him many times. While smaller, he had a really long wingspan and had weight. 

It wasn't just effort. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

But those expectations was built on having you second best player and your point guard for most of the year.

We have (had) 2 likely NBA players on the team.  Losing X hurt but we had nobody step up.  I am disappointed in how things went.  I would feel better if I felt we had built anything to lean on next year but if we are being honest our best hope is to blow up uite a bit of this team.

For me the turning point was when we were up 50-47 and Kopp stole the ball but took an idiotics 3 and missed it .

I didn't think it was in a bad spot, he just drifted, as he does when he is dribbling. If he sets his feet, as he had time to do, he probably hits that shot and its a big momentum swing. Really disappointed that no one all year coached him to stop that.

For me the turning point was when we were up 50-47 and Kopp stole the ball but took an idiotics 3 and missed it .

For me the turning point was coming out of the Tv timeout down 55-51 and we drew up really good play to get Kopp open and the ball went halfway down the cylinder and bounced out. I swear that shot goes in 99 out 100 times. I believe the next time up the court Miami hit a clanker three that wouldn't go in 99 out of 100 times.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We still had almost 48 hours between games. It wasn't like we played at noon today.

It doesn't matter. The guys didn't get to sleep until 4-5am on Saturday. You remember when your kids would have sleep overs and stay up all night? They're basically zombies the entire next day. 

That wasn't a rest day for us, it was a just try and get normal day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSHoosier said:

I didn't think it was in a bad spot, he just drifted, as he does when he is dribbling. If he sets his feet, as he had time to do, he probably hits that shot and its a big momentum swing. Really disappointed that no one all year coached him to stop that.

It was like 2 on 3 and we had no one under the basket 

1 minute ago, SawatchHoosier said:

For me the turning point was coming out of the Tv timeout down 55-51 and we drew up really good play to get Kopp open and the ball went halfway down the cylinder and bounced out. I swear that shot goes in 99 out 100 times. I believe the next time up the court Miami hit a clanker three that wouldn't go in 99 out of 100 times.

I had no issue with Miller taking the fast break 3.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I had absolutely zero problem with that shot. Our 45% 3pt shooter taking a rhythm, transition 3. Zero issue. He just didn't make it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It doesn't matter. The guys didn't get to sleep until 4-5am on Saturday. You remember when your kids would have sleep overs and stay up all night? They're basically zombies the entire next day. 

That wasn't a rest day for us, it was a just try and get normal day. 

They still had all day today to get right

Edited by IU Scott