IU vs Miami Post Game

ButlerHoosier

Signing off now.  Thanks to woody, staff and entire team for an exciting season. Most games, you played tough til end and pulled some out. Beat PU twice.  Represdnted IU with class. Looking forward to next season. Good luck especially to Trayce.  A great young man.  

• Like 4

Just now, IU Scott said:

Theynstill had all day today to get right

Well, the other team had 2 days to get right and wasn't up for essentially 36 hours leading into that 3/4's of a day (meaning today)  

That stuff matters. It's sounding like you've never stayed awake all night. It can take a day or two to just feel semi-normal. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’d have to rewatch it, but at the time I thought it looked rushed and not in rhythm. 

I think it was a bad shot.  First, Miller is more of a corner 3 guy, and secondly he rarely shoots off the dribble.  Slowing it down and getting it into TJD for a dunk or an and-one would have sucked more life out of Miami than any 3 point shot.

JHS took some quick shots in that same general time-frame.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lizard said:

A few questions now that we laid another egg tonight:

Is TJD the best player to never win anything while at IU?  I cant remember an IU AA without a conf or NCAA title...curious if anyone knows.

Which 1andDone did IU get the least from in his time here?  Noah Vonleh, Romeo Langford, or JHS?

What style of play will Woodson adopt now that the team doesnt have an obvious focal point for next season?

Sorry about the poor showing more that the loss... we still we had more fun and big moments than in recent seasons.  Peace out!

I bolded part of your post that I thought was a bit insensitive this soon after an emotional season/loss. Really? Come on man….You are already asking questions about shortcomings and unattainable titles of current and former IU players? These guys wore the coveted uniform and made us proud, no matter how long they were here. SMH…..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I had absolutely zero problem with that shot. Our 45% 3pt shooter taking a rhythm, transition 3. Zero issue. He just didn't make it. 

It was the settling for threes for what felt like several possession in a row around that stretch that bothered me. At the same time, TJD really didn't do much on offense in the second half when he did get the ball. Hats off to 15 from Miami, he played as good a game as I've seen anyone play against TJD all year. 

Another key moment was TJD picking up his 3rd foul with more than 10 minutes left in the game.  I can't recall more than one game all year that he was in foul trouble.  It impacted his aggressiveness on the defensive end.  

Edited by 5fouls

For next year I hope to have a different style of offense that is more balanced. This year it was about two players and never really ran anything for our shooters. I don't like falling out players but Bates didn't improve atvall this year and really regressed. I won't he disappointed if decides to look elsewhere after the season.

We need more athletic players with length especially on the wing. I know everyone likes Galloway and I do to but he is not a starter on a real good team. He would be best coming off the bench and playing 15-18 minutes a game. With the energy he plays with it is hard to do that for 35 minutes a game. He would produce more in more of a limited time.  Right now I see XJ and Reneau as starters but I think we need to find at keadtbtwo starters from the portal 

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

For next year I hope to have a different style of offense that is more balanced. This year it was about two players and never really ran anything for our shooters.

IU Scott please for the love of god get out of my head. I was just typing this right now! I think your expertise is finally wearing off on me!

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It was the settling for threes for what felt like several possession in a row around that stretch that bothered me. At the same time, TJD really didn't do much on offense in the second half when he did get the ball. Hats off to 15 from Miami, he played as good a game as I've seen anyone play against TJD all year. 

Oh yeah, some of our 3's were really bad choices. Just not that one IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Another key moment was TJD picking up his 3rd foul with more than 10 minutes left in the game.  I can't recall more than one game all year that he was in foul trouble.  It impacted his aggressiveness on the defensive end.  

Yes, but he did foul on that.

The TJD foul that I thought really, really impacted the game, in that it was a bad call, was the offensive foul in the first half. He got mugged and it should have been an And 1, and it kind of propelled Miami blowing it open in the first half. 

• Like 1