IU vs Miami Post Game

ButlerHoosier

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Yes, but he did foul on that.

The TJD foul that I thought really, really impacted the game, in that it was a bad call, was the offensive foul in the first half. He got mugged and it should have been an And 1, and it kind of propelled Miami blowing it open in the first half. 

That call was horrible. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lizard said:

A few questions now that we laid another egg tonight:

Is TJD the best player to never win anything while at IU?  I cant remember an IU AA without a conf or NCAA title...curious if anyone knows.

Which 1andDone did IU get the least from in his time here?  Noah Vonleh, Romeo Langford, or JHS?

What style of play will Woodson adopt now that the team doesnt have an obvious focal point for next season?

Sorry about the poor showing more that the loss... we still we had more fun and big moments than in recent seasons.  Peace out!

Please get shooters and have a fun team to watch. They say the 3 is a great equalizer and I feel like we haven’t had that since Yogi. Gotta adapt to the new style of basketball. It’s a guard game. A smaller but good shooting 4 is the way the game needs to be played. Then on the bench gets some guys that are straight bad asses. Let them bruise and pound. Let your bench come in and make the opponents wear and tear. Woodson will want to go back to 9-10 deep NBA style and that’s fine… But he better get Quantity players and not guys there just to have fun on the bench/ come in with the walk ons. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That call was horrible. 

Yeah - I honestly thought the refs were pretty horrible all night.

We were so bad for stretches that it's hard to talk about and quantify the impact it had, but there were several calls that were bad that not only went against us, but were pretty big momentum calls. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Another key moment was TJD picking up his 3rd foul with more than 10 minutes left in the game.  I can't recall more than one game all year that he was in foul trouble.  It impacted his aggressiveness on the defensive end.  

One of those fouls was horrible on the offensive foul call

Just now, SawatchHoosier said:

It was and combine that previous 3 seconds of Poplar running into our players like Derrick Henry in an attempt to keep Miami's possession it was a extremely disheartening from an Indiana perspective.

The TJD "goaltend" that would have been a fast break bucket was right in that stretch, too.

And then early second half when we were frankly outplaying them as much as they outplayed us for stretches, Race got hammered a few times with no calls that resulted in turnovers. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:I don't like falling out players but Bates didn't improve atvall this year and really regressed. I won't he disappointed if decides to look elsewhere after the season.

It’s ok to call out players. Bates has been a major disappointment and questions need to be asked. Is Bloomington the right spot for him? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  I encourage folks not to judge him based on his demeanor on the court.  He's developed into the player he is in a large part because of desire, not because of the athleticism most first round draft picks enjoy.  

He was also asked, as a freshman, 11 games into the season to become a pure point guard with no backup. He did it well given the circumstances. I'm glad it was JHS taking over the point guard as opposed to another player. Part of digging ourselves out of the 1-4 Big Ten nightmare was JHS committing to be a PG when he is actually a shooting guard. The PG position is probably the hardest position to fill. We shouldn't forget about the struggles YOGI had as a freshmen surrounded by shooters like Hulls, Watford and Oladipo with Zeller at the center position.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  I encourage folks not to judge him based on his demeanor on the court.  He's developed into the player he is in a large part because of desire, not because of the athleticism most first round draft picks enjoy.  

He and Trayce both have a wonderful ability to control their emotions on the court. They don’t seem to get rattled.

That said, it would’ve been nice to see at least Trayce get on his team… I have a feeling it would’ve woken them up a bit. 

Also the big issue 0 bench points…. What I thought our biggest strength going into the year was turned out being our biggest weakness. Geronimo and Bates never developed. Duccomb looked decent pre season but… Ya that ship is long sailed. Leal never played. Reneau will get better. So it raises the question. How do we go forward with better bench play? We can’t have this type of bench play going forward or our guys with be dead legged by Mid February.

31 minutes ago, rico said:

Kopp's pull-up 3 on a fast break?  That reminded me of me from my HS days.  Miller did it better though, at least his caught iron.

…..yes, but had his and JHS’s gone down, Miami would have buckled. We were gaining steam and momentum at the time. They would have finally been on their heels. We may be talking differently right now….. but we’re not. Coach Woodson will find his missing pieces. 

• Like 2