Transfers with IU Interest

32 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

This is going to be a long off season, with a lot of movement. I can almost guarantee we have 2-3 transfer out, so we’ll have to bring in at least 4 from the portal. There’ll be a lot of talent available, so let’s see what happens. We may be pleasantly surprised.

I think 3 transfers minimum. This off season is the biggest yet because it’s laying the foundation down for the next wave. I mean a core of Galloway/Johnson/Banks/Reneau is really a decent start and I would welcome all players with open arms. Need all the weapons we can get.

2 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

I think 3 transfers minimum. This off season is the biggest yet because it’s laying the foundation down for the next wave. I mean a core of Galloway/Johnson/Banks/Reneau is really a decent start and I would welcome all players with open arms. Need all the weapons we can get.

No animosity toward these guys, but I could see Geronimo, Bates and Duncombe as the most likely to leave, and if JHS goes early there’s an outside chance Reneau could leave too. The main reason we got him in the first place was his connection to JHS. Any way you look at it, next year’s team will be a complete rebuild.

1 minute ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

No animosity toward these guys, but I could see Geronimo, Bates and Duncombe as the most likely to leave, and if JHS goes early there’s an outside chance Reneau could leave too. The main reason we got him in the first place was his connection to JHS. Any way you look at it, next year’s team will be a complete rebuild.

With NIL, I can see other teams trying to poach him, but I doubt it

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Favorite time of the year

Which is kind of screwed up and one of the major issues with college athletics.  People care more about recruiting than the games themselves.  You are probably too young to fully remember 'The Movement', but a good chunk of the posters on this board were ready for guys like Oladipo and Watford to be pushed aside for the likes of Hanner Perea and Jeremy Hollowell.  As it turned out, one player from that class (Yogi Ferrell) played all 4 years at IU, while Watford and Oladipo are both IU legends.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Xavier

Galloway

Transfer

Transfer

Reneau

6th man-Banks

Gunn

Newton

Cupp

Transfer

Transfer

Transfer

Leal * Guessing he’ll graduate after next season and not take the covid year.*

not a bad team on paper if you get 2/3 key transfers I think IU should be fine getting a few big time guys.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Which is kind of screwed up and one of the major issues with college athletics.  People care more about recruiting than the games themselves.  You are probably too young to fully remember 'The Movement', but a good chunk of the posters on this board were ready for guys like Oladipo and Watford to be pushed aside for the likes of Hanner Perea and Jeremy Hollowell.  As it turned out, one player from that class (Yogi Ferrell) played all 4 years at IU, while Watford and Oladipo are both IU legends.  

Yes, I am young, so unfortunately for me I’ve only seen only a handful of good teams. Remember watching the 2013 Syracuse with the family, that was not a fun time. 2012-2016 were pretty fun seasons made 4 of 5 tournaments, 3 Sweet 16s and 2 Big Championships. Other that, can’t tell you squat what happened during the 1970s to 1990s and I’ve only seen disappointment majority of the time

11 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Xavier

Galloway

Transfer

Transfer

Reneau

6th man-Banks

Gunn

Newton

Cupp

Transfer

Transfer

Transfer

not a bad team on paper if you get 2/3 key transfers I think IU should be fine getting a few big time guys.

That’s probably about right.

15 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Xavier

Galloway

Transfer

Transfer

Reneau

6th man-Banks

Gunn

Newton

Cupp

Transfer

Transfer

Transfer

I think you need a couple more of those transfers to be higher up in the rotation.  

As far as the returning players, since we don't know for certain that X will be ruled eligible, the only one that I feel 100% convinced will be back is Galloway. I would put X at 100% if his request for the extra year is granted.  I expect Reneau to be back, and I think Woodson will do everything he can to encourage Banks to stay, but beyond that, I'm not sure.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think you need a couple more of those transfers to be higher up in the rotation.  

As far as the returning players, since we don't know for certain that X will be ruled eligible, the only one that I feel 100% convinced will be back is Galloway. I would put X at 100% if his request for the extra year is granted.  I expect Reneau to be back, and I think Woodson will do everything he can to encourage Banks to stay, but beyond that, I'm not sure.  

From what I have read of the rule, there's no real ruling needed. He clearly didn't go over the percent of his team's games played threshold, so he gets another year. I don't see anything in the rule that calls for subjective evaluation.

2 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

From what I have read of the rule, there's no real ruling needed. He clearly didn't go over the percent of his team's games played threshold, so he gets another year. I don't see anything in the rule that calls for subjective evaluation.

I hope it's that straightforward.  What we don't need us for that to be a question mark during portal season.

If IU is going to be playing NBA style, CMW will be looking for 3 & D guys with size like -- OG Anunoby.  We really haven't been a "4 out and 1 under" type of offense for both of Woody's first 2 years.  We already have lots of "scooters".

OK, DC2345 don't be such a big tease, who are you talking about?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cbp4IU said:

Xavier

Galloway

Transfer

Transfer

Reneau

6th man-Banks

Gunn

Newton

Cupp

Transfer

Transfer

Transfer

For me I want to see us recruit over Galloway so he can come off the bench.

Edited by IU Scott

This thread has already devolved into just the other thread with a new name. It would be nice if this could be as intended: a place for actual information about specific players. Conversations like the above, which I enjoy and participate in, are the sort of thing that only stay relevant for few hours. If I go a day or two without getting on here, I'm not going to read through 5 pages of these conversations. It would be nice to keep that stuff to the other thread and have this one be the place where I do need to catch up on everything I missed because it's packed with actual information.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, HoosierDom said:

This thread has already devolved into just the other thread with a new name. It would be nice if this could be as intended: a place for actual information about specific players. Conversations like the above, which I enjoy and participate in, are the sort of thing that only stay relevant for few hours. If I go a day or two without getting on here, I'm not going to read through 5 pages of these conversations. It would be nice to keep that stuff to the other thread and have this one be the place where I do need to catch up on everything I missed because it's packed with actual information.

That was my intent in starting it. I wanted a place for updates and info on guys we had verifiable information on being linked to IU. I don’t want to have to sift through 7 pages of “John Doe from East Directional St put his name in the portal” and “I think this guy should be gone” to find the few nuggets about guys IU is linked to. That stuff is fine, I just envisioned this thread to be more streamlined to be info and maybe some discussion about guys like Ledlum, Timberlake, etc. 

• Like 5