3 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

If you were to rank the 24 targets, who would be your top 5 wish list? For me:

1. McNeeley

2. Bidunga

3. Newell

4. Harper

5. Queen 

Not really knowing anything, I’m going with Newell, Harper, Queen 

Liam just reeks of a HS superstar that will struggle at the next level. Budinga strikes me as someone who dominates because of his physical dominance, while he is impressive he has not faced the next level with players and coaching that can work to negate his strengths. Look at IU beating the NPOY twice!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on where you look, IU has a chance for 3 national top-10 classes in a row with 2024.

Not only do they have a chance, it could be the best of the three. We are in a great position with a lot of studs.

The following have already taken or scheduled an OV, with their composite national ranking included: Dylan Harper (#2), Flory Bidunga (#3), Liam McNeeley (#7), Asa Newell (#12), Jaeden Mustaf (#41), Rakease Passmore (#52)

Consistent recruiting is the key to it all. Woodson is building something. Exciting stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, KDB said:

Depending on where you look, IU has a chance for 3 national top-10 classes in a row with 2024.

Not only do they have a chance, it could be the best of the three. We are in a great position with a lot of studs.

The following have already taken or scheduled an OV, with their composite national ranking included: Dylan Harper (#2), Flory Bidunga (#3), Liam McNeeley (#7), Asa Newell (#12), Jaeden Mustaf (#41), Rakease Passmore (#52)

Consistent recruiting is the key to it all. Woodson is building something. Exciting stuff.

Man, if we could get a solid combination of those 6 listed above that would be HUGE!  My vote would be Harper, Flory and one of Liam or Asa but would be ecstatic with any of them 

Well done article here from Mike. As he highlights 2024 is the first class where our staff has been in on these guys for 2 years almost. 

No guarantees in recruiting but the vibe I'm getting is the 2024 class could be one of our best ever. McNeeley, Mustaf, Newell alone would make it top 3.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/recruiting-roundup-2024-iu-basketball-targets-notice-mgbako-addition-jhs-and-tjd-seasons/

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Well done article here from Mike. As he highlights 2024 is the first class where our staff has been in on these guys for 2 years almost. 

No guarantees in recruiting but the vibe I'm getting is the 2024 class could be one of our best ever. McNeeley, Mustaf, Newell alone would make it top 3.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/recruiting-roundup-2024-iu-basketball-targets-notice-mgbako-addition-jhs-and-tjd-seasons/

Really good article. I was unaware of the ongoing work with Queen. I have always assumed he was Maryland and we had cooled. This could get really wild really quickly. 

• Like 1

I realize that Bidunga is probably a long shot, given how many people have said as much here, but I can't help but feel that the odds are better than they would appear. It seems strange to me that he would visit as frequently as he has if there wasn't legitimate interest. I also believe I read something fairly recently that suggested he is still only just starting to understand the dynamics of U.S. college basketball. So I could see it being a situation where the more he acclimates himself, the more attractive that IU would become. Especially if we were able to string together some early commitments from guys like Harper and Newell, that sort of momentum could help us out as well.

• Like 5

What fascinates me most about this class is that so many of us posters have varying opinions as far as who is or is not wanted, as far as who is the top target, etc. What I like about that is to realize we are at a place where we have a legit shot with many top level recruits. That’s where I am focused. At the end of the day, I’ll be happy with whoever we land from this class.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUProfessor said:

I realize that Bidunga is probably a long shot, given how many people have said as much here, but I can't help but feel that the odds are better than they would appear. It seems strange to me that he would visit as frequently as he has if there wasn't legitimate interest. I also believe I read something fairly recently that suggested he is still only just starting to understand the dynamics of U.S. college basketball. So I could see it being a situation where the more he acclimates himself, the more attractive that IU would become. Especially if we were able to string together some early commitments from guys like Harper and Newell, that sort of momentum could help us out as well.

Yeah, I've never understood the "IU has no chance" talk.  Unless it's something specific like he must go to a Nike school, I don't understand why folks are so pessimistic.  IU is now getting top 10 talent.  Why not a top 10 kid playing ball in Indiana?

• Like 1