Indiana Roster 2023-2024

32 minutes ago, rico said:

I get what you are saying, Scott.  I totally understand and somewhat agree with you.

To me it comes down to,  do you want to go 21-10 and lose in the first or second round or compete for a championship. To me if you start Galloway you will get the first scenario 

Edited by IU Scott

18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

He's a legit 3-level scorer.  Doesn't have the midrange game that JHS did, but he's been pretty doggoned good getting to the hole.  Just about posterized Zach Edy last year.  That's a long way from one-dimensional in my book.

Never saw him shoot one mid range jumper or a step back 3.  It is either a 3 or a floater which to me is the worst shot in basketball. You will be under more control coming to a stop a go up with a jpet. Also with the floater it will get alled for a lot of charges.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Never saw him shoot one mid range jumper or a step back 3.  It is either a 3 or a floater which to me is the worst shot in basketball. You will be under more control coming to a stop a go up with a jpet. Also with the floater it will get alled for a lot of charges.

I'm guessing a shooting chart would prove you wrong on the midrange but I've got better things to do on a Friday night.  I also don't care how he shoots his threes as long as they go in.

No one is saying he's a volume scorer.  You don't need five of those anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He shot mid range shots. He also was able to get to the rim, something Kopp couldn’t do and Bates did unsuccessfully 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm guessing a shooting chart would prove you wrong on the midrange but I've got better things to do on a Friday night.  I also don't care how he shoots his threes as long as they go in.

No one is saying he's a volume scorer.  You don't need five of those anyway.

The best teams have 4-5 double digits scorers 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Did anyone in those games, contain the ball well, though? 

Iowa, I know, JHS was absolutely worse than TG. I am not saying he's elite, but I do categorize him as an above avg to good defender. 🤷‍♂️

Oh don’t get me wrong I think he’s a great defender and the best perimeter defender we had once X went down. To your point tho, nobody could contain the ball in several games. That’s why I’d like us to get quicker across the board. Getting X back and having a more mobile 4 will help greatly with that. Also someone preferably quicker than Miller was, but he made up for that on other areas of defense (always being in the right spot, etc).

• Like 1