IUBB Off-season 2023

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

@dbmhoosier's favorite time of year! Clif time!

Sparks gets on the all time board with 23 reps with 185 lbs

Cupps did 17 reps, 185 lbs, and he weighs 170 😯 

I wanted to laugh react for the first comment, but that’s some big numbers for those two and didn’t feel right doing it. Good for them. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

@dbmhoosier's favorite time of year! Clif time!

Sparks gets on the all time board with 23 reps with 185 lbs

OK.  For Cupps to rip those out.  He's a strong little dude.  Some guys are just knit together different and strong for their size.  He's 18, probably been seriously lifting for maybe 2 years but that is some serious strength to weight on day one.  

And Papa Sparks.  Hitting what Cody was doing on day one.  Hahaha.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I thought I heard 13 reps instead of 17, but even still...it's impressive for an 18 yr old.

And my hearing may be off by 4 reps, cause I'm an old fart.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DWB said:

I thought I heard 13 reps instead of 17, but even still...it's impressive for an 18 yr old.

And my hearing may be off by 4 reps, cause I'm an old fart.

Some reps skipped in the edit.  Pretty sure they said 17 though.  Damned impressive for an 18-year-old weighing 170.

• Like 1

Not sure where to post this. Just heard this story and had to pass it on. I'm wearing my IU hat on a cruise and a lady notices it and starts up a conversation. Whenever she sees IU, she thinks of Tom Crean. Her son was a basketball player and CTC was recruiting his roommate. Mom gets a call one morning- guess who is sleeping in my room? Not the call call a mom expects to get but it was CTC. The parents started calling him Creepy Crean as he seemed to be stalking this recruit. Her son is now rising through coaching ranks and is at a top Div II school. Talked about NIL and a lot more. Also, BTW, have found 4 IU fans vs 1 PU fan. No other Big 10 schools yet. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1