IUBB Off-season 2023

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

He played the 4/PF like 3 games ever, in his whole career, when we had Brunk. I'm not sure why he isn't just listed on the "center" list? 

And undoubtedly we are going to miss him. 

Trayce is a Shrink 4 😁 

Honestly, I think the press manipulated the facts a little bit because TJD had such a great year, and they knew Edey would be a slim choice at the 5...Trayce deserved some national attention... 

Just semantics, my friend... 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Trayce is a Shrink 4 😁 

Honestly, I think the press manipulated the facts a little bit because TJD had such a great year, and they knew Edey would be a slim choice at the 5...Trayce deserved some national attention... 

Just semantics, my friend... 

Agree. And good for him to get the Karl Malone award. 

• Like 2

Opponents just released for next season Big 10. First glance without knowing who all the other teams have coming back or not I'd say this looks favorable. Getting Penn St, Minny, Nebraska twice....home only games are a plus. Given what Illinois and Michigan have lost those aren't super tough. I'd say overall the B10 gave us one of those Purdue/Illinois schedules.

Home and Away: Purdue Maryland Minnesota Nebraska Ohio State Penn State Wisconsin  

Home Only: Iowa Michigan State Northwestern  

Away Only: Illinois Michigan Rutgers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Opponents just released for next season Big 10. First glance without knowing who all the other teams have coming back or not I'd say this looks favorable. Getting Penn St, Minny, Nebraska twice....home only games are a plus. Given what Illinois and Michigan have lost those aren't super tough. I'd say overall the B10 gave us one of those Purdue/Illinois schedules.

Home and Away: Purdue Maryland Minnesota Nebraska Ohio State Penn State Wisconsin  

20-0 BABY!  LOL

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Purdue (if Edey comes back) and Maryland will be good... Ohio State... Maybe... Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin will be about the same as they were last year...

Penn State sent me a letter and after reviewing my church league and military base team stats offered... Said they could get me a Geritol NIL deal 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully MSU gets last years Indiana strength of schedule

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

That looks manageable. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

If you need more reasons to like JHS, listen to this. 

I listened to it yesterday, and you're spot on... Said before he'd sign off on Jalen's decision, Woody made him promise to come back and get his degree, and he did...

I think that speak highly of both...

And Jalen also said he's had great coaching over the years, but Mike Woodson was his favorite... Both on and off the court

• Like 5

well Jalen said Malik will be the 4 with Ware the 5 and we want to play a more sped up offense.  Malik played dual bigs with Trayce and I think he can with a mobile big like Ware.  Really want to see him transform the baby fat and become a Blake Griffin like bully at the college level, obviously not quite above the rim guy but they have a similar build and I think Malik's game can become like that.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

well Jalen said Malik will be the 4 with Ware the 5 and we want to play a more sped up offense.  Malik played dual bigs with Trayce and I think he can with a mobile big like Ware.  Really want to see him transform the baby fat and become a Blake Griffin like bully at the college level, obviously not quite above the rim guy but they have a similar build and I think Malik's game can become like that.  

I think Malik+Ware is a more skilled, well rounded "duo" vs. Race+Trayce 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I listened to it yesterday, and you're spot on... Said before he'd sign off on Jalen's decision, Woody made him promise to come back and get his degree, and he did...

I think that speak highly of both...

And Jalen also said he's had great coaching over the years, but Mike Woodson was his favorite... Both on and off the court

You would think that would really mean a lot to players thinking about coming to IU, both HS and portal players. I guess it will be even better when he and TJD hopefully tear it up playing in the league next year. Coach Woodson could have two successful NBA players he can reference to potential future players.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think Malik+Ware is a more skilled, well rounded "duo" vs. Race+Trayce 

Color me dissapointed.  I'd take Trayce and Race and take my chances 100/100.  

Aside from the quote from Jalen, I don't think anyone in this board has been clamoring for that duo.  Hoping it was more of a 5 mins together type of deal and both getting around 20 mins give or take.  

Don't see how this is changing styles or affords the ability to play faster.  Just from a skill and rim running, Trayce measures so far ahead of them, he made up for a lot if what Race lacked.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Color me dissapointed.  I'd take Trayce and Race and take my chances 100/100.  

Aside from the quote from Jalen, I don't think anyone in this board has been clamoring for that duo.  Hoping it was more of a 5 mins together type of deal and both getting around 20 mins give or take.  

Don't see how this is changing styles or affords the ability to play faster.  Just from a skill and rim running, Trayce measures so far ahead of them, he made up for a lot if what Race lacked.  

I didn't mention who I would "take" .... when Malik+Ware are both 22-23 years old, I will UNDOUBTEDLY take them, though.

All I said was ... they are a more skilled, well rounded duo than TJD and Race. Which... Race offers very little in this conversation as well, expect.. maybe the best on the perimeter in a switch situation? Ware and Malik won't have to compensate for lack of offensive skill. Both can hit a spot up jumper, etc. More skilled. 

If we are thinking of Malik and Ware as FR compared to TJD at 22 and Race at 23... sure you'd have to take those two. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I didn't mention who I would "take" .... when Malik+Ware are both 22-23 years old, I will UNDOUBTEDLY take them, though.

All I said was ... they are a more skilled, well rounded duo than TJD and Race. Which... Race offers very little in this conversation as well, expect.. maybe the best on the perimeter in a switch situation? Ware and Malik won't have to compensate for lack of offensive skill. Both can hit a spot up jumper, etc. More skilled. 

If we are thinking of Malik and Ware as FR compared to TJD at 22 and Race at 23... sure you'd have to take those two. 

We hope these 2 develop , just as we hope Malik can really hit jumpers.  I think he hit 1 or 2 all season and none in conference.   

I'm big on Malik making a true man sized jump thos season.  Just getting his body dialed in makes him a late first rounder.  Listening to JHS talk about his daily routine, his life, how locked in he is and his lifetime goal being NBA.   Surely a guy like Malik feeds off of what Trayce and Jalen have paved before him.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

We hope these 2 develop , just as we hope Malik can really hit jumpers.  I think he hit 1 or 2 all season and none in conference.   

I'm big on Malik making a true man sized jump thos season.  Just getting his body dialed in makes him a late first rounder.  Listening to JHS talk about his daily routine, his life, how locked in he is and his lifetime goal being NBA.   Surely a guy like Malik feeds off of what Trayce and Jalen have paved before him.  

I wouldn't know why those two wouldn't develop. I am not really that worried about Maliks shooting, forms good, FTs look good... I think he can hit a solid % of open ones. He shot 79% from the line in conference play. (22-28)

But... we do know that Ware has that skill. And.... him having that skill is more than TJD or RT had. And.. that isn't even factoring in how much taller those two are comparatively and how much longer. I mean, he's 7'1. What did Race's offensive skill consist of... THIS season?

I think any time you lose a first team All American you will have question marks, I don't see that we are taking some massive step down on our front line, at all. Plus I think Sparks as JR will probably just as good as Malik as a FR off the bench.