Players declaring for the 2023 draft...

37 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why? I don’t think most of us would claim him. He quit, Loser U can have him. 

Trying to understand:

A guy who actually played at IU needs you to claim him?

He transferred and none of us know what went on behind the scenes 

XJ actually quit on Pitt…

All portal players are quitters?

Loser U?  Only 🇺🇸 university that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site 

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Is he in ANY mock drafts?

Yes.  Here's one I found.

5fouls 2023 NBA Mock Draft

1. Victor Wembywamawhateverthehellmynameis (France)

2. Brandon 'Gunner' Miller (Alabama Department of Corrections)

3. Zach Edey....WTF! You Fool! That's not our draft pick! He's on the Summer League non-roster invite list! (Purdue)

4. Trayce Jackson-Davis (IU)

5, Armaan Franklin (Virginia)

Edited by 5fouls

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I always like Armaan. Bit the track record is starting to really paint a picture that he (or his inner circle) sees himself quite differently than the rest of the world sees him.

Yeah.  A lot of these kids seem to be fooling themselves.  I hope Franklin has his degree.

I feel like some people are forgetting that Franklin played 4 years in college. Declaring for the draft now is just a soft way of saying he doesn’t want to return to college. It doesn’t have to mean that he thinks he’s delusional and thinking he’s going to get drafted. It feels like some IU fans are still resentful at him for transferring, which in my opinion is a disingenuous thing to do when we clamor for incoming transfers all offseason. Just wish him well and move on. 

13 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Trying to understand:

A guy who actually played at IU needs you to claim him?

He transferred and none of us know what went on behind the scenes 

XJ actually quit on Pitt…

All portal players are quitters?

Loser U?  Only 🇺🇸 university that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site 

You don’t need to understand, you’re not an IU fan. Lots of us don’t have fond feelings for Armaan, because he quit.

X may have too, don’t really care, he didn’t do it to us. Armaan was wanted here and chose to leave anyone, to go to Loser U (UVA). I absolutely don’t care about that guy.

And so what that he went to IU? Lots of us not only went to IU but graduated, but all of us have chosen IU and Armaan chose not IU. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I feel like some people are forgetting that Franklin played 4 years in college. Declaring for the draft now is just a soft way of saying he doesn’t want to return to college. It doesn’t have to mean that he thinks he’s delusional and thinking he’s going to get drafted. It feels like some IU fans are still resentful at him for transferring, which in my opinion is a disingenuous thing to do when we clamor for incoming transfers all offseason. Just wish him well and move on. 

IDK. He participated in VAs senior day. He could have just said he wasn’t coming back, like hundreds of other players, without adding the NBA part. Maybe there’s some benefit to a declaration that isn’t obvious. You still have to be invited for evaluations.