Transfers with IU Interest

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

Completely unrelated, but I watched Blue Chips last night. Even back in 1994, when this movie came out… there was obvious evidence of tampering/illegal recruiting. Most of us just wanted to look the other way. I feel like you have to use back channels anymore to compete for these kids. Now that you can legally pay for their services, it seems like having backhanded conversations isn’t all that bad. 

I don't even care about the NCAA "rulebook" on recruiting anymore.  They have show themselves to be a toothless organization that won't lift a finger to do anything to the big institutions.  All the players can and are getting money and it can come from just about anywhere.  I want a title and everything feels legal at the moment.

Go play the game.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Well, I guess we'll see... If what you say is true, I'll come back and tip my cap...

But I learned a long time ago to not shovel dirt on something that still has a pulse...

And I'd be willing to bet that Tamar comes back... 

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Tamar. I don't know how many coaches/programs would be frothing over him based on his low/inconsistent offensive output.

That said, Woodson believed in him enough (at least defensively) to play meaningful minutes in the tournament. I think he could do himself wonders by taking a break, being the best dad he can for a while, then start to play as much as possible this summer. Start asserting himself in open gyms and play like he's a main option. This might not equate to the same role in the fall, but he can start working on his confidence through repetition.

Not sure if he goes somewhere else, he'll be given 'the keys.' Might as well build off what he's done here. I'm pulling for him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Nope. Everyone on those other forums are just guessing from what I've seen. 

How do we know you aren't? 😉

ETA:  I don't want to kick off a war with that.  I think the people who are insiders or claim to be insiders or who know a girl who dated a guy who is friends with a player make the off-season fun.  But without names and specifics I ingest the info with a healthy dose of salt.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Tamar.

I personally don't think anything is going to happen with Tamar for the following reasons...

Mike Woodson wooed him to IU after he decommitted from Texas. The obvious hook was that Coach Woodson had a vast amount of experience in the NBA and knows how to get there...

Mike Woodson is ultra loyal to his players...

Tamar has said many times in interviews that he doesn't quit...

And I don't believe any of the NIL $$$ BS about him... 

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I personally don't think anything is going to happen with Tamar for the following reasons...

Mike Woodson wooed him to IU after he decommitted from Texas. The obvious hook was that Coach Woodson had a vast amount of experience in the NBA and knows how to get there...

Mike Woodson is ultra loyal to his players...

Tamar has said many times in interviews that he doesn't quit...

And I don't believe any of the NIL $$$ BS about him... 

I wouldn't be upset if he stayed. I do think he has talent but for some reason or another it just hasn't clicked. Not as bad but in some ways similar to Lander. 

• Like 1

I don't condone cheating and truthfully don't feel we need to stoop to that level to get where we ultimately want to be.

But we can't be nice guys, hoping to get picked. If so, we'll be waiting a long, long time. We have to be proactive, aggressive, and confident with the product we have and what we offer, with the audacity to think we're at the top of the heap and staying here indefinitely.

It's not about being an asshole program, but simply demanding excellence from the inside-out, and positioning ourselves to be in the running for the best, because that's ultimately where we see ourselves.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I don't condone cheating and truthfully don't feel we need to stoop to that level to get where we ultimately want to be.

But we can't be nice guys, hoping to get picked. If so, we'll be waiting a long, long time. We have to be proactive, aggressive, and confident with the product we have and what we offer, with the audacity to think we're at the top of the heap and staying here indefinitely.

It's not about being an asshole program, but simply demanding excellence from the inside-out, and positioning ourselves to be in the running for the best, because that's ultimately where we see ourselves.

Under RMK we were the asshole program while still demanding excellence in all areas.  The two weren't exclusive of one another.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It does no good to start saying names of kids IU has had back-channel discussions with prior to them entering the portal. IU has been doing their work on some of these kids. At least 1 is still playing. That's why it's important to be patient. 

I did a quick check on rosters.. the only name I could come with is Hunter Sallis because I know we recruited him....I am quite sure this is wrong lol

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just a question how are they guessing but you know. Not saying you don't know but how are you on the inside to know these things

Pretty much everyone that I’ve seen throw out names on other sites have flat out stated it’s a guess. It’s simple to be able to read. I’ve heard info and then had 1 other person that’s pretty reliable that said they heard the same thing. Very rarely is anything 100% unless it comes from the individual themselves or someone extremely close to them. 

• Like 5

Seriously. I am gomma start deleting posts if that's what it takes to keep this clean.

This thread was made with a clear and legit purpose.

There are plenty of threads to discuss these other topics, including who may or may not be leaving.

This is for discussion about portal players somehow linked to IU (not leaving IU to be clear).

Get your head in the game knuckleheads!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Seriously. I am gomma start deleting posts if that's what it takes to keep this clean.

This thread was made with a clear and legit purpose.

There are plenty of threads to discuss these other topics, including who may or may not be leaving.

This is for discussion about portal players somehow linked to IU (not leaving IU to be clear).

Get your head in the game knuckleheads!

Amen. Just start handing out 72 hour timeouts. Haha.

Looks like the Sparks kid from Ball State is back in the portal.  He went in and then pulled out last year....could he maybe be one of the guys that wanted to come here last year but we couldn't make room?  (Sorry I know nothing official linking him to IU but seemed like there was smoke around him last year).

https://247sports.com/Player/Payton-Sparks-46103128/

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4898008/payton-sparks

Sounds like Ohio State and some SEC schools are sniffing around.  He seems like the type of athlete we probably feel we were missing this year.  Also hit 40% from 3 last year.  Not volume but he would potentially be a court spreader.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/college-basketball/payton-sparks-ball-state-center-transfer-hearing-from-3-sec-schools-per-report/amp/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Looks like the Sparks kid from Ball State is back in the portal.  He went in and then pulled out last year....could he maybe be one of the guys that wanted to come here last year but we couldn't make room?  (Sorry I know nothing official linking him to IU but seemed like there was smoke around him last year).

https://247sports.com/Player/Payton-Sparks-46103128/

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4898008/payton-sparks

Sounds like Ohio State and some SEC schools are sniffing around.  He seems like the type of athlete we probably feel we were missing this year.  Also hit 40% from 3 last year.  Not volume but he would potentially be a court spreader.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/college-basketball/payton-sparks-ball-state-center-transfer-hearing-from-3-sec-schools-per-report/amp/

From the few times I have seen him he isn't very athletic at all