2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to Purdue

btownqb

On 4/13/2023 at 8:42 AM, BobSaccamanno said:

I have said this about IU too.  If a player is not into your school, don’t act desperate. Let him go.  It’s not going to work well if the player is not that into the school.  It’s much like a relationship.   If one member is not that into it and the other member is clinging for dear life, it’s not going to work.  There are too many other good players.  Cut bait early and give yourself time to find someone else.  I would 100% say this about IU too.  

Amen brother 

Building a team & culture is hard enough without everyone all in 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Does "Woodson barely gave them the time of day" sound anywhere close to plausible to you? Really?

Not sure….first impressions mean a lot 

I know MP is brutally honest…parents usually like that unless they buy into quick money 

purdue isn’t the glitz & glamour of blue bloods….but I’ve never been embarrassed to say I graduated from Purdue…when people are impressed I laugh and say it’s only Ag Econ🥳🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, btownqb said:

why does it "look like that"? 

just speculation but if the post you made earlier this morning, the image shows its around 9am.  If Painter was meeting today, then I could see a decommit and more info making its rounds, however, I assume the kid is in school and likely meeting with painter after school assuming the meeting today is legit.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

just speculation but if the post you made earlier this morning, the image shows its around 9am.  If Painter was meeting today, then I could see a decommit and more info making its rounds, however, I assume the kid is in school and likely meeting with painter after school assuming the meeting today is legit.  

Thought about this, as well. I think that could go either way. I think there are plenty of reasons you'd have him call in a half day of school... meet with Painter, and then he go to school at like 11 or noon or whatever. 

Painter is a pretty busy dude, I assume the Catchings are, as well. I would assume it's possible the only way the schedules lined up is to meet this morning. Again, possible. 

But more than likely, I would say yes, after school is when the meeting would take place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

These kind of post on social media was what bothers me. Anyone can just post anything without any proof of being true. Until it is from a reliable college basketball media outlet I wouldn't believe a thing. 

Is there a reliable college basketball media outlet?  Maybe I'm getting old, but it seems like most of it is just clickbait, anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUJoe said:

Is there a reliable college basketball media outlet?  Maybe I'm getting old, but it seems like most of it is just clickbait, anymore.

I think when you see news from a recognizable outlet like CBS Sports or ESPN you know that it is more than just just someone fliating an idea out there. I think when you see Jon Rothstein from CBS report something you now it is reliable