2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to Purdue

btownqb

On 4/14/2023 at 12:23 PM, Artesian_86 said:

I'll have to be honest, whether the latest tweet about Catchings is legit or not, I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more bites, debunking it or adding credit.

Can't believe anyone could think that was legitimate. It's an unverified account with the name "IU Fan" whose source is a "local college coach." lmao

I'm starting to think there was no meeting at all. Like I said before, damage control on Purdue's part to get their online fans to settle down. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Can't believe anyone could think that was legitimate. It's an unverified account with the name "IU Fan" whose source is a "local college coach." lmao

I'm starting to think there was no meeting at all. Like I said before, damage control on Purdue's part to get their online fans to settle down. 

Tamika’s brother in law is former Purdue player Rodney Smith, FWIW. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

You don’t think Catchings family met with Painter yesterday?

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

You won’t see Purdue making any statement. It would acknowledge that there is a problem. Saying nothing is pretty standard. Something happened and it wasn’t in Purdues best interest. I’m not saying he doesn’t end up at Purdue. 

Forgot he had his own thread…

Not sure how legit this is, but just sharing what I saw. Posted within the last 20 min. Don’t know if the pic of him wearing the IU gear is old, photoshopped, recent and real, don’t know. Just passing along. Maybe others have more info about it. 

DF84D01F-2EC9-4DA1-8FAC-B2A1A7785420.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Not sure how legit this is, but just sharing what I saw. Posted within the last 20 min. Don’t know if the pic of him wearing the IU gear is old, photoshopped, recent and real, don’t know. Just passing along. Maybe others have more info about it. 

INJECT THIS STRAIGHT INTO MY VAINS!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

This just seems like some trolling. The account that took this picture claims to be Catching's agent. Not sure an agent would do that to his client. A lot of shadiness around this. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

This just seems like some trolling. The account that took this picture claims to be Catching's agent. Not sure an agent would do that to his client. A lot of shadiness around this. 

Furthermore, the "agent" looks like he is in high school and he has two other IG pics -- one a joke about video games and one of him on a big slide.

Also, the story with the pic now says the material is no longer available -- and it's not because the 24 hour period lapsed. 

Don't know what will happen with KC, but some dudes are having fun playing with the fan bases. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUrocker said:

this picture is from over a year ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Here is the thing. For all the Purdue and IU guys saying this is a troll job etc

Unless the kid himself is trolling - something doenst add up 

- why take your commitment off your bio?

- why add IU pic back and no other visit pic? 
- why following Adam Howard last week the same hour you take your commitment off your bio? 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Here is the thing. For all the Purdue and IU guys saying this is a troll job etc

Unless the kid himself is trolling - something doenst add up 

- why take your commitment off your bio?

- why add IU pic back and no other visit pic? 
- why following Adam Howard last week the same hour you take your commitment off your bio? 

Look at what the recruiting world has become 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Look at what the recruiting world has become 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Because when it was posted to Twitter that he removed his bio, I clicked on his instagram to see it for myself and then could see he had just added Adam?  Like, this is basic social media stuff that anyone can learn in 1 min of time. Doesn’t require some stalking job. 

so… what is your point? 🙄

17 hours ago, Initial79 said:

Because when it was posted to Twitter that he removed his bio, I clicked on his instagram to see it for myself and then could see he had just added Adam?  Like, this is basic social media stuff that anyone can learn in 1 min of time. Doesn’t require some stalking job. 

Well for most of us that don’t even have any accounts on any of those apps/sites etc it would take a lot of effort to go to and certainly more than a minute of our time. I already waste too much of my time on this forum 30 mins a day. But thank you to those who don’t mind being sucked into the wasteland of social media to keep the rest of us up to date lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well for most of us that don’t even have any accounts on any of those apps/sites etc it would take a lot of effort to go to and certainly more than a minute of our time. I already waste too much of my time on this forum 30 mins a day. But thank you to those who don’t mind being sucked into the wasteland of social media to keep the rest of us up to date lol.

Wasteland… ok got it. Had a feeling this board skews much older and don’t quite get it.  Not the first comment since joining here that has lead me to believe that with the “I’m too good for that social media stuff” 

All good. Will stick to my wasteland (fyi, my job involves being on current social media) 

The funniest part for me is all of you thinking message boards are not social media and you haven’t been doing the same for 20 years.

You create accounts, anyone can join, argue, over react, look for rumors or that next in the know person to make your day, rarely know the real person behind the account, etc. message board were the first social media of the internet. 

all good, I’m out 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Wasteland… ok got it. Had a feeling this board skews much older and don’t quite get it.  Not the first comment since joining here that has lead me to believe that with the “I’m too good for that social media stuff” 

All good. Will stick to my wasteland (fyi, my job involves being on current social media) 

The funniest part for me is all of you thinking message boards are not social media and you haven’t been doing the same for 20 years.

You create accounts, anyone can join, argue, over react, look for rumors or that next in the know person to make your day, rarely know the real person behind the account, etc. message board were the first social media of the internet. 

all good, I’m out 

I am soon to be 56.  I scroll through social media all the time.  Been doing it since Al Gore invented the internet.

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

all good, I’m out 

This board is moderated so it is a better place to discuss IU basketball. I am only on Facebook and some of the responses about IU basketball is way out of line.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Initial79 said:

Sorry man I wasn’t being condescending. Just a different world in recruiting, that’s all. My bad if you took it that way!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Initial79 said:

all good, I’m out 

I’m not too good for it. I joined a place that has civil conversations and monitors profanity and inappropriate comments. I’m not that old. I’m between generations. I’m only 44. But I deleted Facebook and stay off Twitter and Instagram etc because it’s full of filth and the messaging is so negative all the time it just keeps getting pushed into your feed. I used to work in a place that wanted to push connecting through social media and wanted us to make posts and make connections with LinkedIn etc but thank God I’m now working for an organization that builds relationships the old fashioned way…face to face and through meaningful relationships. I very much enjoy it and surprisingly while most may think our clients would all be older we see many very successful younger people also prefer this. I fully understand the benefits but for a lot of us…we just prefer not have to sift through all the negativity and garbage to get it. So in saying that…I’m genuinely saying thank you for doing that for me!!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1