2024 SF - Annor Boateng Commits to Mizzou

rico

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2024 Top 30 guard's official Indiana visit set for Sept 29.

Boateng is friends with IU center and fellow Arkansas product Kel’el Ware.

“He’s having a good time there and I know I probably would too,” Boateng said of Ware.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/class-of-2024-top-25-guard-annor-boateng-schedules-iu-basketball-official-visit/

annor hsn.JPG

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, DC2345 said:

IU had turned their attention to him over Swartz back when they backed off of him. That said I believe IU felt they could play together but McNeeley is definitely priority #1 and if there was a question of fit that could explain things.

I'm not worrying until there's reason to do so, but one does start to wonder if this staff is making the perfect the enemy of the good.

We missed on a lot of 2023 targets - even guys who were very interested like Coen Carr - with the story being that the staff was focusing attention on the more talented 2024 class. Now, in the late stages of the 2024 cycle, we're sitll turning our attention away from top 50 talents like Swartz and Jaeden Mustaf.

Chasing difference makers is great! Understanding you won't get all of them, you have to make the effort first, and I appreciate the staff getting us into those conversation. We should be battling with Kansas for recruits year in and year out. But you need players around those high end talents, and top 50 kids are the sweet spot for players who will contribute to the program for multiple seasons. 

The transfer portal certainly changes the emphasis on prep recruiting, but in the moment it feels there's been opportunity missed to upgrade the talent in the program, even if that talent isn't the top of our wish list.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I'm not worrying until there's reason to do so, but one does start to wonder if this staff is making the perfect the enemy of the good.

We missed on a lot of 2023 targets - even guys who were very interested like Coen Carr - with the story being that the staff was focusing attention on the more talented 2024 class. Now, in the late stages of the 2024 cycle, we're sitll turning our attention away from top 50 talents like Swartz and Jaeden Mustaf.

Chasing difference makers is great! Understanding you won't get all of them, you have to make the effort first, and I appreciate the staff getting us into those conversation. We should be battling with Kansas for recruits year in and year out. But you need players around those high end talents, and top 50 kids are the sweet spot for players who will contribute to the program for multiple seasons. 

The transfer portal certainly changes the emphasis on prep recruiting, but in the moment it feels there's been opportunity missed to upgrade the talent in the program, even if that talent isn't the top of our wish list.

Top 25 or portal grabs.  Follow the money.  Thankfully IU has some player$.  

1st and most obvious......Consistently win games your supposed to win.....

.......Beat teams your not supposed beat.

.......Sometimes we think we are missing out, but behind the scenes, players hear things of a probable/likely IU commit and eliminate                                                            themselves. 

14 hours ago, DC2345 said:

IU had turned their attention to him over Swartz back when they backed off of him. That said I believe IU felt they could play together but McNeeley is definitely priority #1 and if there was a question of fit that could explain things.

Who's priority 2,3,4 and 5? McNeely must be the next Larry Bird if no one close to his position wants to play with him.

• Like 1

• KDB changed the title to 2024 SF - Annor Boateng Commits to Mizzou
4 hours ago, Indykev said:

Who's priority 2,3,4 and 5? McNeely must be the next Larry Bird if no one close to his position wants to play with him.

McNeeley is number 1. Then it’s Queen and Boogie. Then Boateng was number 4 prior to this news. That said Liam is the key imo to getting the ball rolling. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1