2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

Considering he decommitted from Duke when Filipowski came back, I'm guessing he's looking for a starting role, or at least significant playing time. That makes me think the staff is recruiting him to play at least some minutes on the wing since we already have Reneau and Ware down low; though I see him listed as a PF on most sites. Anyone know if he has the quickness to guard wings?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Considering he decommitted from Duke when Filipowski came back, I'm guessing he's looking for a starting role, or at least significant playing time. That makes me think the staff is recruiting him to play at least some minutes on the wing since we already have Reneau and Ware down low; though I see him listed as a PF on most sites. Anyone know if he has the quickness to guard wings?

Pretty quick dude that can probably at the 3 or 4 since Rivals lists him as an SF, donā€™t get too excited though going to be tough against Kansas/UL

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That came out of nowhereĀ 

To be fair, not trying to start a debate and especially with you Scott but I said he was a possibility based on social media connections and few days ago. Stuff does matter even if we all differ on it.Ā 

There are more like this. The staff is far from done and it is easy to see with who they are connecting with and timing of connections.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

It just shows how little we actually know about whatā€™s going on behind the scenes. I mean, does this guy even follow us on social media?

He actually does and we followed him. I said that few days ago when you and everyone was going off about how I had no clue. Happy to look it up and quote it here if you want.

I donā€™t want credit but would like people to acknowledge it and maybe realize there is more to this than so many want to laugh at me about.Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

I will not get my hopes too high.Ā 

Ā 

Gee.... I have the same feeling about the Colts draft tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Initial79 said:

He actually does and we followed him. I said that few days ago when you and everyone was going off about how I had no clue. Happy to look it up and quote it here if you want.

I donā€™t want credit but would like people to acknowledge it and maybe realize there is more to this than so many want to laugh at me about.Ā 

Please do when you have time...I'd love to see what and when you said...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Initial79 said:

I never said you had no clue, youā€™ve misstated what Iā€™ve said about things a few times now in pretty spectacular ways i.e attributing something from the faculties conversation I didnā€™t participate in to me.

I said social media is a lag indicator, which it is. Even in this case, the interest didnā€™t come because of social media. It may have been something to show potential interest was there to us on the outside, but thatā€™s it.

For like the third time now I think itā€™s interesting and hope you keep sharing when you notice things like that. Everyone, you included, needs to just understand itā€™s a lag indicator.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

Ā 

Probably best unfortunatelyĀ 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I never said you had no clue, youā€™ve misstated what Iā€™ve said about things a few times now in pretty spectacular ways i.e attributing something from the faculties conversation I didnā€™t participate in to me.

I said social media is a lag indicator, which it is. Even in this case, the interest didnā€™t come because of social media. It may have been something to show potential interest was there to us on the outside, but thatā€™s it.

For like the third time now I think itā€™s interesting and hope you keep sharing when you notice things like that. Everyone, you included, needs to just understand itā€™s a lag indicator.Ā 

Social media is not a lag indicator. It is leading indicator for fans. What this forum is for. It is also more than what you state with coaches and players. I keep seeing people post things and laugh, make statements that are just not true about how it works. You tried to dig at me again here as example. Ā Yes, maybe you get looped into more than one point and I apologize but have been defending this to 90% of people on here.Ā 

for FKM01

I donā€™t know how to quote from another thread. Copy and paste.

On 4/25/2023 at 1:31 PM, Initial79 said:

Ā 

Honestly, I donā€™t want to debate or beat this dead horse anymore than others do. I would just like to be able to post - ā€œhey, Jacob Groves from OU might be someone fans should look at. Hulls is following him, few more staff did recently and he does kind of fit as a backup wing/3p guy.ā€ Without - ā€œyou know that doesnā€™t mean anything, our insiders already said XYZ.ā€

Fyiā€¦ that wasnā€™t a made up thing. Have also seen some activity on Mgbako- minor but is there and very recent.

Nowā€¦ not for credibility or anything but to maybe be allowed to more openly share info I really wish I would not have deleted my draft last night. I didnā€™t want the comments honestly. Ā 

I had typed out that the next visit would anger some fans. That it looked like there was interest in Walker and other bigs and that some people would take this as we are reciting the wrong guys. We need shooters etc. my ā€œopinionā€ based on my info, they canā€™t have visits with guys that they want yet. In draft or still not in portal for wing/guard.

I repeat again, donā€™t want clout. Called ā€œinsiderā€, etc. I just want to share info and it not be quickly discounted with fans as we are all hungry for info.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Social media is not a lag indicator. It is leading indicator for fans. What this forum is for. It is also more than what you state with coaches and players. I keep seeing people post things and laugh, make statements that are just not true about how it works. You tried to dig at me again here as example. Ā Yes, maybe you get looped into more than one point and I apologize but have been defending this to 90% of people on here.Ā 

for FKM01

I donā€™t know how to quote from another thread. Copy and paste.

On 4/25/2023 at 1:31 PM, Initial79 said:

Ā 

Honestly, I donā€™t want to debate or beat this dead horse anymore than others do. I would just like to be able to post - ā€œhey, Jacob Groves from OU might be someone fans should look at. Hulls is following him, few more staff did recently and he does kind of fit as a backup wing/3p guy.ā€ Without - ā€œyou know that doesnā€™t mean anything, our insiders already said XYZ.ā€

Fyiā€¦ that wasnā€™t a made up thing. Have also seen some activity on Mgbako- minor but is there and very recent.

Nowā€¦ not for credibility or anything but to maybe be allowed to more openly share info I really wish I would not have deleted my draft last night. I didnā€™t want the comments honestly. Ā 

I had typed out that the next visit would anger some fans. That it looked like there was interest in Walker and other bigs and that some people would take this as we are reciting the wrong guys. We need shooters etc. my ā€œopinionā€ based on my info, they canā€™t have visits with guys that they want yet. In draft or still not in portal for wing/guard.

I repeat again, donā€™t want clout. Called ā€œinsiderā€, etc. I just want to share info and it not be quickly discounted with fans as we are all hungry for info.Ā 

You do realize the ignore feature works for everyone! If you tire of arguing with someone, well?

• Like 1