2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

2 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

Getting to hung up on spots. With 4/5 out and switching you don’t have designations anymore. On defense woody uses nail, slot, rim. We have 3 legitimate guys who can be the nail. IU will be way more versatile next year on both ends. I see woody using Zoom for X and MM. Then you have guys who can legitimately clean up if they miss. 

Yes, and that’s much harder to guard with multiple bigs that can be the screener or the handoff, and multiple guys who can zoom. We didn’t have those options last year. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Madison22 said:

What Mackenzie Mgbako’s IU basketball teammates have said about him this summer.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/what-mackenzie-mgbakos-iu-basketball-teammates-have-said-about-him-this-summer/

This is more for @The Daily Hoosier...your site started going into that "not responding/crashing" mode on Windows Chrome browser a few weeks back.  I didn't say anything, hoping it was a temporary issue, but unfortunately, it's persisted.  It's not a Chrome issue as the TDH site is the only one out of probably 20-25 sites I visit on a daily basis that has this issue.  I hit "wait" when I get the not responding message, but after 2-3 waits, it invariably crashes and I have to reload the site to continue reading whatever article I'm reading.  On a typical article, I have to reload a couple of times to finish reading it.

Annoying, but not enough to keep me from reading TDH...just thought you'd want to know.

...and so you don't feel left out, thanks for the link, @Madison22!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

This is more for @The Daily Hoosier...your site started going into that "not responding/crashing" mode on Windows Chrome browser a few weeks back.  I didn't say anything, hoping it was a temporary issue, but unfortunately, it's persisted.  It's not a Chrome issue as the TDH site is the only one out of probably 20-25 sites I visit on a daily basis that has this issue.  I hit "wait" when I get the not responding message, but after 2-3 waits, it invariably crashes and I have to reload the site to continue reading whatever article I'm reading.  On a typical article, I have to reload a couple of times to finish reading it.

Annoying, but not enough to keep me from reading TDH...just thought you'd want to know.

...and so you don't feel left out, thanks for the link, @Madison22!

I've been having problems with it too. I read it mostly on a Kindle and it doesn't display correctly. I struggle through the best I can but it's very frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...

Article on the relationship between Calbert Cheaney and Mackenzie

"You don't have a problem with that with Mackenzie," Cheaney said. "Mackenzie understands — he's one of the rare, young talents that understands the situation. He understands what needs to be done. He understands how to work, has a great work ethic. He understands, but obviously, he's one of the rare guys that kind of gets it."

"He listens. Another great thing about him is that he asks questions," Cheaney said. "He'll pull us over to the side — Coach Yasir, Coach Cal, Coach Kenya, Coach Woody — this, this and this. He might ask about a certain thing offensively or defensively, and it's like, it continues to be a breath of fresh air."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"You don't have a problem with that with Mackenzie," Cheaney said. "Mackenzie understands — he's one of the rare, young talents that understands the situation. He understands what needs to be done. He understands how to work, has a great work ethic. He understands, but obviously, he's one of the rare guys that kind of gets it."

"He listens. Another great thing about him is that he asks questions," Cheaney said. "He'll pull us over to the side — Coach Yasir, Coach Cal, Coach Kenya, Coach Woody — this, this and this. He might ask about a certain thing offensively or defensively, and it's like, it continues to be a breath of fresh air."

Sounds like Mack is in the JHS mold. Mature beyond his years. For Calbert to say things like about anyone is pretty rare.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Having Cheaney back is awesome. Love our staff.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

ASKING questions means, there is a comfort level with leadership. An ownership of the product. Ownership of the output and mental growth to better understand the bigger picture so that the smaller processes are optimized.

Those things are a winning collection in any project. BBall is only one of those. All of bettering life is tactics and strategy. and the willing to understand those things.   

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...