Minnesota Postgame Thread

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else listening to the press conference? Archie is a really good coach. He understands his team, and can process so much of what he's seeing. He sound like a coach who has already studied game film tonight. lol  it's pretty freaking amazing not 30 minutes removed from the game.

With ten minutes left in the game.... I was saying,  GET MORGAN OUT !   Just to make sure that our MVP does not get hurt.  Only reason why. It was obvious that IU was in control of the game, even then.

And then around 3 minutes left... when I heard the crowd, shout.... "We want Priller" ..... I thought to myself.... YES !

And then .... it became Priller Time...... Morgan out.... and Prillier in .  Wow. Just wow.

One other thing .  Where was De'Ron Davis ?   In class ?  I don't know. But I did not see him on the sidelines. 

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There is literally no one in the stadium at the Opening Ceremonies at the Olympics.

The empty seats are where the athletes will sit, per Tirico and Katie Lauer

It's been really gratifying to see them select an area of weakness and attack it in practice to bring about improvements. Defensively they have grown a great deal. One of the things I like about the defense is that they don't resort to switching to guard screens but hold themselves accountable to fighting through. Tonight they had very active hands as well.

Making the extra pass and the incisive pass that leads to a bucket was clearly next on their list. Led to a much different feel when shooting off the kick out rather than a contested shot off of a reversal. Ball is very rarely sticking offensively (interestingly enough it sticks the most often with Morgan right now) and they are getting way more out of the baseline than they were early in the year.

Wednesday is an absolutely key game with four to go. The last three are going to be more difficult than I've seen people mention.

2 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

It's been really gratifying to see them select an area of weakness and attack it in practice to bring about improvements. Defensively they have grown a great deal. One of the things I like about the defense is that they don't resort to switching to guard screens but hold themselves accountable to fighting through. Tonight they had very active hands as well.

Making the extra pass and the incisive pass that leads to a bucket was clearly next on their list. Led to a much different feel when shooting off the kick out rather than a contested shot off of a reversal. Ball is very rarely sticking offensively (interestingly enough it sticks the most often with Morgan right now) and they are getting way more out of the baseline than they were early in the year.

Wednesday is an absolutely key game with four to go. The last three are going to be more difficult than I've seen people mention.

Insightful second post, welcome aboard!

Watching a team improve over the season is one reason I love college basketball and this team has improved so much over this year.  Right now those two losses to UW and UI really has hurt are big ten standing. If we could have held on to those games we would be 9-5 and 16-10 over all.  With that record and the schedule we have we would have a good shot at making the tournament.  I wish we could have the ISU and Fort Wayne games back because we would beat them now how we are playing.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching a team improve over the season is one reason I love college basketball and this team has improved so much over this year.  Right now those two losses to UW and UI really has hurt are big ten standing. If we could have held on to those games we would be 9-5 and 16-10 over all.  With that record and the schedule we have we would have a good shot at making the tournament.  I wish we could have the ISU and Fort Wayne games back because we would beat them now how we are playing.

Man I left the InTunes feed on too long and all of a sudden Fisch was introducing the FW game. Shut that down immediately!

Great win! This team is so fun to watch right now. I hope we can keep this momentum going and finish the season with a ton of mojo going into the offseason. It’s remarkable how this defense has come together, and Green coming into his own gives the team such an extra creative offensive element that was missing. 

Man that was a great game to watch. I couldn't stand the announcing. Just really seemed like they focused on Minnesota alot rather than watching the game and Donny Marshall was obnoxious dealing with the candystripe pants. O well. It is becoming really evident that Green is starting to come into his own it seems like. The guys also look like they are loosening up on the offensive end. I wish though that we could make free throws. That needs rectified. Great game again though. Let's keep this up. Also I loved Archies after game press conference. He has a strong pulse on this team. He also is really competitive and hated losing at home no matter whom it is. 

Archived