Minnesota Postgame Thread

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jacarcio said:

https://youtu.be/tNAKrrNCdqc

Fast forward to the 57:30 mark. Ryan from assembly call explains it well

So.... the Assembly Call actually recalls the announcers name.  Spending minutes attacking..... Sxxxt for brains.  Could not agree with them more.  Thanks for the link.  Hope Sxxxt for brains never..... ever .... gets a chance to do another IU game.   Said it before. And will say it again.... never thought color man could ever out do our own Danny D..... but... this guy just made it to first place..... in.... terrible.... commentating.  Glad to hear and say.... I am not alone in that thinking.   Hey.  Sxxxt for brains...... please.... please.... send me your Candy Striped pants.  I will proudly wear them.... because of you. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So.... the Assembly Call actually recalls the announcers name.  Spending minutes attacking..... Sxxxt for brains.  Could not agree with them more.  Thanks for the link.  Hope Sxxxt for brains never..... ever .... gets a chance to do another IU game.   Said it before. And will say it again.... never thought color man could ever out do our own Danny D..... but... this guy just made it to first place..... in.... terrible.... commentating.  Glad to hear and say.... I am not alone in that thinking.   Hey.  Sxxxt for brains...... please.... please.... send me your Candy Striped pants.  I will proudly wear them.... because of you. 

Tell us how you really feel Mile! I like it!

1 minute ago, madmax said:

It's midnight here in Colorful Colorado..... as I type this.  And despite the wonderful W.... our fantastic Hoosiers put up on the board Friday night..... I am still upset with the coverage of this game from this schmuck..... who had never been in Assembly Hall.... till game night on Friday.... and not only mocked our tradition..... but rarely, praised our team....while they destroyed Minnesota.  Keep in mind that not only had IU beaten Minnesota three times at home previous to this game.... but they only beat them by single digits, prior to Friday night.   This schmuck...... does not deserve ...... ever being allowed..... entry.... into the Carnegie Hall.... of college basketball.... ever again. 

3 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Last time IU held 3 consecutive opponents to 159 or less was December 2011.  XRoads Classic vs ND 69-58, at home vs Howard 107-50 and home vs UMBC 89-47.  All wins.  155 points given up.  Now to research when the last time IU did it in conference.

The last time 3 consecutive B1G opponents were held to 159 or less was in 1984.  Jan 26th, Northwestern 57-44; Jan 28th Iowa 54-47; Feb 2nd @Minnesota 67-54.  145 points given up. 

There was a 3 game homestand that was close to the recent spell in Jan 2002.  IU held B1G opponents to 160.

56 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

The last time 3 consecutive B1G opponents were held to 159 or less was in 1984.  Jan 26th, Northwestern 57-44; Jan 28th Iowa 54-47; Feb 2nd @Minnesota 67-54.  145 points given up. 

There was a 3 game homestand that was close to the recent spell in Jan 2002.  IU held B1G opponents to 160.

Fantastic reporting.  And I love it when members come back with facts and quote themselves to report those facts.  Well done.  Po !.

Still loving the W.  Just wonder if Romeo saw the game on tv.  What ? Wait ?   He had a game on Friday night ?  What the heck ?   Who decided to schedule college games on Friday nights ?   Tradition.... tradition.   Friday nights are for High School basketball..... not college.  Just shaking my head. 

One of the biggest problems with the announcer, in addition to persistently attacking the candy striped pants throughout the game for no good reason, was his attack on the girls' soccer team for their GPA award.

And I quote, "C's get degrees" and " Quit showing off" That was what he said - totally classless.  I don't understand why anyone would deem it necessary to denigrate someone's hard work that way, unless it was to make himself feel better about his own lackluster performance in college.  I don't care if it's a blowout and they have nothing to talk about - there's absolutely no justification for that attack.

10 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

We’ve matched our total number of wins in the BIG last year with still 4 games to play, and far less talent. 

I would love to see this years' team play last year's team.  I realize there would need to be a tear in the space-time fabric for this to happen, but I would place good money on Archie's squad.  

11 hours ago, bstall76 said:

Very impressive.

63, 43, 56  That is how many points IU has given up the last 3 games.  is a phenomenal improvement.

Green is turning into what I think we all thought he would be. 19 pts, 4 rebs, 7 ast, 3 steals and only 3 turnovers.

What's nice though... he played 31 mins and literally had the ball in his hands the entire time and had 3 TOs. Not bad at all especially since he had 7 assists. Before he'd play 12 mins and have 3 TOs to go along with 1 assist. 

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

It's midnight here in Colorful Colorado..... as I type this.  And despite the wonderful W.... our fantastic Hoosiers put up on the board Friday night..... I am still upset with the coverage of this game from this schmuck..... who had never been in Assembly Hall.... till game night on Friday.... and not only mocked our tradition..... but rarely, praised our team....while they destroyed Minnesota.  Keep in mind that not only had IU beaten Minnesota three times at home previous to this game.... but they only beat them by single digits, prior to Friday night.   This schmuck...... does not deserve ...... ever being allowed..... entry.... into the Carnegie Hall.... of college basketball.... ever again. 

7 hours ago, madmax said:

LOL!!! If I didn't know better, I'd say Mile had help writing his posts from HTD!!! Those rotten rodentmakers....

BTW Mile, I listened to the game while watching it at the same time. The link that Snowling provided worked great. The audio was a few seconds behind live TV, but I didn't mind as long as I didn't have to listen to those guys

8 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Last time IU held 3 consecutive opponents to 159 or less was December 2011.  XRoads Classic vs ND 69-58, at home vs Howard 107-50 and home vs UMBC 89-47.  All wins.  155 points given up.  Now to research when the last time IU did it in conference.

Wait.... What??? You mean to say Creans' team actually played defense? Say it aint so....  O.o

2 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

One of the biggest problems with the announcer, in addition to persistently attacking the candy striped pants throughout the game for no good reason, was his attack on the girls' soccer team for their GPA award.

And I quote, "C's get degrees" and " Quit showing off" That was what he said - totally classless.  I don't understand why anyone would deem it necessary to denigrate someone's hard work that way, unless it was to make himself feel better about his own lackluster performance in college.  I don't care if it's a blowout and they have nothing to talk about - there's absolutely no justification for that attack.

Surely that dumb@ss is done as a color man.  I have to wonder how much experience he has. The mistakes and biases from this game are inexcusable if he has any experience. Poor judgment if he's green.

Give me Robbie Hummel any day.

Just got done watching the game.  I thought a few games ago that Archie should give the keys to the car to Green.  He did and not only is the kid driving well, he washes it off before he comes home.  Highly impressed.  Morgan is a stud with a high BB IQ.  Freddie is a beast.  RoJo, well, he is RoJo.  And little Ricky sucks as a coach.  And thanks to everyone for the heads up on the announcer.  I watched the game muted......didn't want to get pissed off watching IU pulling out a can of "whip ass" on the Gophers.

10 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I had to go pick up my wife from and of course the dvr screwed up. Can someone tell me what happened to Hartman? 

Thank you

I haven't heard anything, but he appeared to be in a lot of pain.  It looked like it was his wrist or forearm.

49 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

BTW Mile, I listened to the game while watching it at the same time. The link that Snowling provided worked great. The audio was a few seconds behind live TV, but I didn't mind as long as I didn't have to listen to those guys

Good to know.  I will keep that in mind.  Normally I don't mind FS1... and particularly enjoy Gus Johnson.  So I really was shocked last night. A great disappointment.... in broadcasting history. 

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Surely that dumb@ss is done as a color man.  I have to wonder how much experience he has. The mistakes and biases from this game are inexcusable if he has any experience. Poor judgment if he's green.

Give me Robbie Hummel any day.

Robbie Hummel is the best analyst I have heard all year.

Archived