Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Listened to his interview...IU mentioned, BUT...

Duke & Villanova the first schools out of his mouth.  He's a well-spoken kid, but barring something unforeseen, I'd expect Duke & Villanova will stay 1-2 in his recruitment.

Yep...he is a one and done type...and should play right away there. Both have a pretty good track record. Definitely a long shot for us.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Listened to his interview...IU mentioned, BUT...

Duke & Villanova the first schools out of his mouth.  He's a well-spoken kid, but barring something unforeseen, I'd expect Duke & Villanova will stay 1-2 in his recruitment.

Jay Wright is rolling... I guess that’s what two ships in three years and four picks in this year’s draft will do for you.

15 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Jay Wright is rolling... I guess that’s what two ships in three years and four picks in this year’s draft will do for you.

Yep...he seems to carry himself with a lot of class...and they play a fun and NBA friendly style of basketball. Hard to argue with that...if we lose guys to him I can't hate on Archie....just wish we would have made a change a few years earlier so we would be in a better situation to offer some of these guys....but it won't be long before we are back in the driver seat.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We made the final six. Really tough group to beat.

He looks good in that IU Jersey! Just saying! You, Trayce, KBJ, and Bouknight plus our returning Hoosiers...#6 so close I could taste it. It feels natural man... just let it happen!

It appears Duke is the favorite here but say Vernon Carey chooses Duke before Isaiah does, would this steer Isaiah away from Duke maybe so he could be "THE MAN" down low?  But if say Vernon Carey and Isaiah Stewart both commit to Duke, it would be like Marvin Bagley and Wendell Carter last year which would be sick.  Makes you wonder if Isaiah would rather be "THE MAN" down low or share the spotlight with another top 5 kid.  

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

It appears Duke is the favorite here but say Vernon Carey chooses Duke before Isaiah does, would this steer Isaiah away from Duke maybe so he could be "THE MAN" down low?  But if say Vernon Carey and Isaiah Stewart both commit to Duke, it would be like Marvin Bagley and Wendell Carter last year which would be sick.  Makes you wonder if Isaiah would rather be "THE MAN" down low or share the spotlight with another top 5 kid.  

I believe Wendell Carter or his mom made some comments after the draft about being upset that K brought in Bagley after Wendell had signed. They said they felt it hurt Carter’s opportunities and draft stock. 

Not sure if it would even matter, but something you could use as one of these other coaches to sell the “come here and be ‘the man’ thing” against Duke. 

Archived