4 year starters

rico

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I guess I don't understand the question.  Quinn started in all of his games at IU.  Hulls, his freshman year played in all the games.  But did not start in all of them.

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think you have to start every single game to be considered a starter. That seems to be an unnecessarily difficult criteria. 

Correct. If the question was who started every single game during his stay at IU, that would be a different question. 

A guy like DJ is a more interesting question. Injury and only injury held him back

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Correct. If the question was who started every single game during his stay at IU, that would be a different question. 

A guy like DJ is a more interesting question. Injury and only injury held him back

Right, but he did start the majority of games in his four year career. Just one of those seasons was cut way short due to injury. 

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think you have to start every single game to be considered a starter. That seems to be an unnecessarily difficult criteria. 

OK.  Appreciate that.  Guess I was taking the question too literally.  However then, that would make what Quinn accomplished, all the more impressive.... starting in every game of his IU career. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

OK.  Appreciate that.  Guess I was taking the question too literally.  However then, that would make what Quinn accomplished, all the more impressive.... starting in every game of his IU career. 

Yes, Quinn is very impressive. I think Yogi did that too? 

It's an incredibly rare a accomplishment and one that deserves it's in special praise. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes, Quinn is very impressive. I think Yogi did that too? 

It's an incredibly rare a accomplishment and one that deserves it's in special praise. 

Had to check it out. You are right.  Yogi started all 137 games he played at IU.   I venture to guess, he may be the last to do that at IU, considering players who leave early for the NBA these days. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Had to check it out. You are right.  Yogi started all 137 games he played at IU.   I venture to guess, he may be the last to do that at IU, considering players who leave early for the NBA these days. 

What about Calbert?

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Can’t recall offhand if Rob has

No he hasn't. He is similar to Jordy in that he had one season he only started about half the games. 

In Johnson's case, it was sophomore year he started after Blackmon got injured. 

In Hulls' case it was his freshman year after Creek. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

No he hasn't. He is similar to Jordy in that he had one season he only started about half the games. 

In Johnson's case, it was sophomore year he started after Blackmon got injured. 

In Hulls' case it was his freshman year after Creek. 

Rob has only not stared 10 times in his career.  I think that qualifies him as a 4 year starter.

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  Alford did not even start every singe game of his career.  I think starting 70% or so of the games each year would be how I would classify it.

19 hours ago, rico said:

Sounds good to me.

In that case you can scratch AJ Guyton off of the list, he didn't start until late in the season of his freshmen year. 

Archived