Neb. Post Game

Indykev

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 offensive rebounds for Nebraska to go along with 19 turnovers, by my bad math, that is 38 extra possessions

14 of our season high tying 19 turnovers were from Green,Newkirk, Rojo, I am including the shot clock violations in that.

Just shows you can take Crean off the court, but you can't take the Crean out of the players.

Sure looked like it. Awful guard play and Green was horrid. They could have won this game with improved awareness. I just don't get how Seniors who have so much game experience have no sense of where the out of bounds line is and how Newkirk has no idea where he is at all half of the time. 

Take exception to these comments if you wish , but that was absolutely garbage all around and it was aided by some really questionable consistency on the allowed contact between both teams, but that's a home game for you..

I don't think anyone deserves MVP for that big of a crapper , but you have to give it and credit to Smith for showing up to play and his contributions from the floor. Not much else to like really other than the fact the clock ran out.Oh well...

The Ohio State game is still for seeding, and now we have to cheer for someone to take PSU down.

On to the next one.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I felt from the nine minute mark left in the game time.... I was watching "Crean ball" once again on offense.  Rushing the ball.  Stupid turnovers.  And very bad passing.  It's like the guys panicked and reverted to "Crean ball". 

I agree. I thought we controlled much of the game, and were in a position to win, but then.....  

I thought the key play in the game was when we were up 41-37 and you could feel the momentum swinging towards IU. RoJo made a great steal on the right wing near the Nebraska bench and we had a 4-on-1 break, but RoJo went “dear in headlights” trying to run the break and threw a horrible pass. We ended drawing a foul in the scrum but went empty on the possession. I believe Nebraska hit a 3 on the ensuing possession. 

Run a decent break there and we go up 6-7 with tons of momentum. Instead I think we went 5 minutes without scoring and we’re all the sudden down 47-41. 

It was literally a wide open 4-on-1 break with Morgan and Freddie running with him. 

Anyone that thinks Green will be the starting PG next year is delusional.  I thought it was possible after his good game stretch, but as they say about shooters, water always finds it level, and I think we know Green's.  

I really hope we get a grad transfer pg to help Phinesse 

3 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

You summarized tonight's game in one sentence. Job well done!

16 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

19 offensive rebounds for Nebraska to go along with 19 turnovers, by my bad math, that is 38 extra possessions

14 of our season high tying 19 turnovers were from Green,Newkirk, Rojo, I am including the shot clock violations in that.

Just shows you can take Crean off the court, but you can't take the Crean out of the players.

•  

Perfect post bstall! Crean’s team/no defense loses that game by 25. We should be thankful we have CAM. Excited to see him get his guys in here and develop them.

Just now, addictedtoIU said:

Our 3 lead guards turned it over 12 times. That's the ball game. 

You are going off the actual stats, in my book the 2 shot clock violations should go to them as well, in official stats they are considered team turnovers.  Both times Green and Newkirk had plenty of time to get off a decent shot.

Just now, bstall76 said:

Anyone that thinks Green will be the starting PG next year is delusional.  I thought it was possible after his good game stretch, but as they say about shooters, water always finds it level, and I think we know Green's.  

I really hope we get a grad transfer pg to help Phinesse 

I haven't given up on him yet. Unless he transfers at the end of season, there's always a chance for him to come along. He'll make progress during the off season.

Archived