Big Boys Called Out....FBI Probe

CTrojan88

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

So are we toast 

Overreaction. Arizona and Louisville are toast. Lots of other programs have more to worry about than IU. Meanwhile, I'm not going to sweat it at this point. Too early, but wow...what a fascinating story unfolding before our eyes.

15 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

I think we should get ahead of the Ncaa on this one and self impose a tournament ban this year.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

I know you are being facetious. How about this.....hoping enough schools self impose, and pull out of the tournament, so that IU is able to get in ? 

So I was thinking this morning about all of this.  All of this information is stemming from one sports agency correct (ASM)?  Has the FBI investigated other agents, and if not, does all of this lead them down that path?  If they have, this could be a VERY far reaching net, and this doesn’t even include the shoe companies.

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I know you are being facetious. How about this.....hoping enough schools self impose, and pull out of the tournament, so that IU is able to get in ? 

Lol that would be fine as well.  Although most schools implicated will most likely choose to play and lawyer up later just like UNC.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man I just watched the NCAA prez on CBS. He says it may take another couple of years to sort out through all of this. In the end after another lengthy investigation (Hello NC), there will only be wrist smacking.....

It will be exactly the way it has always been. The people who play hard ball and have power will get away with it. The NCAA will make changes (as implied by emmert) that make all of the things that have been problematic legal by allowing agencies access to campus and securing players financially before they declare...the NCAA will not risk losing the easy money it is making by alienating its most powerful members...if the NCAA tried to come down hard they would be forcing the hand of the power five conferences to break off. They simply won’t risk it. There will be a couple of sacrificial lambs and everyone else will move on as usual 

4 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man I just watched the NCAA prez on CBS. He says it may take another couple of years to sort out through all of this. In the end after another lengthy investigation (Hello NC), there will only be wrist smacking.....

At this point I'm not even really sure the NCAA matters. The FBI has already taken down UL/Pittino, it looks like Sean MIller/AZ are sinking fast and this appears to be just the tip of the iceberg. I really wonder how much is even going to be left for the NCAA to do when this is over. Sure they can vacate wins and possibly titles but losing coaches and the threat of legal action against future bad actors is going to have far more effect than anything the NCAA would do.

9 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

At this point I'm not even really sure the NCAA matters. The FBI has already taken down UL/Pittino, it looks like Sean MIller/AZ are sinking fast and this appears to be just the tip of the iceberg. I really wonder how much is even going to be left for the NCAA to do when this is over. Sure they can vacate wins and possibly titles but losing coaches and the threat of legal action against future bad actors is going to have far more effect than anything the NCAA would do.

And when they finish with Basketball, they need to look at Football as well......

Archived