FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

milehiiu

6 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Its not like the IU administration knew Sean was paying his players.

What if this came out when we were looking at hiring Archie last spring?  Right or wrong people would be all over the connection between him and his brother.

Doesn't mean Archie is or isn't dirty, but I don't see how anybody can be at fault for being a little worried.

I know everyone knows this, but Sean was not paying the players. Agent's were, but in Ayton's case for some reason he said he would take the money and take care of it. This agency was formed back in 07 I believe I read, so who knows how long this agent has been doing this. Regardless, Sean has been getting 5 stars for a long time. Still, I do not think this relates to CAM. Let me make that clear.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

This just in on Millergate..... when asked what the NCAA intends to do.... the head of the NCAA,  said the NCAA has not even attempted to open up an investigation.  And if anything were to happen now.... it is totally up to Arizona at present. 

I can guarantee that NCAA will not do anything to the schools until the tournament is over. That is there cash cow. My guess after that is regs will be changed about the kind of money that change hands, so the meals, trips, etc. does not get penalized. Only schools who won't play in the tournament are those who take themselves out in terms of hoping to save themselves. That won't be many. Look at Pitino. He may be gone but is still screaming he and Louisville are innocent.

The NBA needs to take a look also and get rid of the one and done and let these kids go to the G league if they need money right away or are ready to go to the NBA. Maybe this investigation will be the impetus to change the rule quickly.

44 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Deandre Ayton only eligible because AZ already knows this season is in the shitter. No way he stays eligible but he's ready to go pro anyway.

Edit: ...and Sean can cut the crap. He knows he's done. I just hate when people caught red-handed talk vindication when we all know it's not happening.  Game over, man...quit playing.

I think maybe Pitino gave him some pointers earlier on what to say

26 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Can someone provide me a scenario in which Ayton is still eligible? Clearly Bowen isn’t for the exact same circumstance. What am I missing here?

No way they are eligible but in Aytons case, the season is shot.  I have no idea what Frank Martin is thinking...I can't imagine Bowen everplaying at the college level.

55 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If it was an error in language in the contract, then U of A can take a legal position on that and see if they win on it in Court.  If they can prove the error, they may have a shot.  

U of A could simply not pay Miller, let Miller sue them, and raise this error in a defense or counterclaim.  

What is most astounding, is that the contract, with the irregular language passed the board of trustees !   Either that, or they never bothered to read the contract. 

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Deandre Ayton only eligible because AZ already knows this season is in the shitter. No way he stays eligible but he's ready to go pro anyway.

Edit: ...and Sean can cut the crap. He knows he's done. I just hate when people caught red-handed talk vindication when we all know it's not happening.  Game over, man...quit playing.

I wonder how it is Miles Bridges got cleared to play......

33 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Can someone provide me a scenario in which Ayton is still eligible? Clearly Bowen isn’t for the exact same circumstance. What am I missing here?

The Ncaa has their hands tied somewhat.  Since it's not their investigation they don't know enough to hand out punishments.  Imagine if they did and then some of the FBI stuff turns out false.  With UA they are screwed so letting Ayton finish out the year probably doesn't matter to them. 

This mess could drag out for a long time.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

26 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

What is most astounding, is that the contract, with the irregular language passed the board of trustees !   Either that, or they never bothered to read the contract. 

Or, what if both parties "understood--wink, wink, nod, nod" the sewer and knowingly both parties agreed to play in it?  The smell on both parties would sure fit wouldn't it?

Not unlike KU "investigating" the car accident (who could possibly question a 5* having his own Lamborgini on campus as a freshman)

27 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It is very possible they knew full well what was in the contract.  And “oversight” is the administration’s excuse now that Sean’s busted.  Anyone else have a hard time swallowing that story?

19 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Or, what if both parties "understood--wink, wink, nod, nod" the sewer and knowingly both parties agreed to play in it?  The smell on both parties would sure fit wouldn't it?

Not unlike KU "investigating" the car accident (who could possibly question a 5* having his own Lamborgini on campus as a freshman)

Interesting take on your behalf.  I like the way you think. 

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, buddy.

Yeah, let me get this straight. The FBI has all this evidence, but we’re supposed to believe Pitino is innocent, Brian Bowen doesn’t know anything about any money, Sean Miller is innocent, Wendell Carter doesn’t know about any money, Ayton doesn’t know about any money, and Duke, UK and MSU have all done internal reviews and found nothing!?!?

So, the FBI has 4,000 hours of wiretaps that are all bogus? Did their agents all go to school at UNC or something?

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, let me get this straight. The FBI has all this evidence, but we’re supposed to believe Pitino is innocent, Brian Bowen doesn’t know anything about any money, Sean Miller is innocent, Wendell Carter doesn’t know about any money, Ayton doesn’t know about any money, and Duke, UK and MSU have all done internal reviews and found nothing!?!?

So, the FBI has 4,000 hours of wiretaps that are all bogus? Did their agents all go to school at UNC or something?

I would have infinitely more respect for involved parties who saw the writing on the wall and just owned it from the beginning.  This deny, deny, deny is just a tired act.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I would have infinitely more respect for involved parties who saw the writing on the wall and just owned it from the beginning.  This deny, deny, deny is just a tired act.

I guess I don’t expect them to publicly admit it, but the forcefulness and arrogance of the denials is kind of embarrassing. 

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Four star Shareerf O'Neil has backed off his pledge to Arizona..... citing recent developments. 

Shaq's son, Shareef O'Neal, decommits from Arizona in wake of FBI investigation

Wait a second.  Shaq's son isn't committing because the coach was paying players?  Hmmmm.

Maybe now that he won't be getting paid, he wants to go somewhere else.  Like father like son?

29 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Wait a second.  Shaq's son isn't committing because the coach was paying players?  Hmmmm.

Maybe now that he won't be getting paid, he wants to go somewhere else.  Like father like son?

I completely forgot about reading that article. Thanks for the refresher course. Oh... the hypocrisy.  First playing a part in "Blue Chips".... all the while knowing that the fiction was true in real life.

43 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The tone of that article just pisses me off...the poor players who's names are being dirtied.  Yes they knew what they were doing was wrong, but the rules weren't enforced and no one was getting caught.  That's a BS response.  You don't tell kids it's OK to break rules as long as you don't think you'll get caught and you can pocket a bunch of money.  What kind of life lesson is that teaching our kids who hear and read such garbage?  I'm going to stop there because what I would say next might be considered political.

Just irresponsible journalism.

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And Amen and Amen....it's almost like some of the posters enjoy or find satisfaction in others misery. Odd way to live.

Look who is talking here.

How about starting with #1 if you want to change the world. I'm not calling you out from out of nowhere . .that was your gig when you recently decided to find my posts and single them out because you didn't like it.I just have this knack for noticing common denominators. You've been at the center of quite a bit of dust-up, and have a habit of scrutinizing others without turning your figurative gaze towards the mirror.

I don't recall saying jack to you , but you felt it was necessary to try and police my loyalties. It looks like that isn't where you draw the line since I've saw two more snarky comments in just 2 days since your last one  to me.

You don;t have any clue who you opened that loyalties can with .The thing is, I've had my hand closer to the pulse of whats went on at IU for more years than the average bear! Several of my closest living and  deceased relatives have been everything from administrative roles to close friends, and employees of long-time Chancellor Wells. Not to mention one or two being long time friends  of several well known IU legends!!!! 

It doesn't make me anyone special , but I wasn't calling your posts out nor making direct or indirect suggestions about your loyalties. to begin with , now was I ? 

I actually enjoy your opinions and thoughts more than many when you keep it about the team and the games, so I'm kind of disappointed. Having a lot of liked posts doesn't entitle you to call random posters neither directly , nor indirectly. 

13 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If it was an error in language in the contract, then U of A can take a legal position on that and see if they win on it in Court.  If they can prove the error, they may have a shot.  

U of A could simply not pay Miller, let Miller sue them, and raise this error in a defense or counterclaim.  

I don't know what the "error in language" is in this contract, but a mistake in a contract is only a defense when both parties are mistaken about something material. It's not a defense for one party to say that the contact didn't end up saying what they thought it was supposed to say.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistake_(contract_law)

Archived