Is TV Teddy Finished?

Ted Valentine has not been assigned to referee a game in the NCAAT.  He says it was because of the "Berry" incident.  After the incident the B1G canceled two of his assignments.  The NCAA is not commenting on why TV Ted did not get an assignment.

Are we about to lose our favorite referee to hate?

Two things. A little time out and probation never hurt anyone so maybe time for Ted to do some reflecting. I'll never look at Teddy without thinking of our Duke game. However I think the NCAA screwed up here. Teddy apologized to Berry, Roy Williams and they all seemed to move on. 

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Two things. A little time out and probation never hurt anyone so maybe time for Ted to do some reflecting. I'll never look at Teddy without thinking of our Duke game. However I think the NCAA screwed up here. Teddy apologized to Berry, Roy Williams and they all seemed to move on. 

If that incident was the only issue with Ted then I'd agree but he has a long history of behaving like a jackass, poor officiating performances and drawling way too much attention (mostly negative or at the very least bizarre) for him to keep being put in these high profile positions. My guess the message being sent is less "this is for the UNC game" and more "we're tired of the antics and heat you put on the officiating of our games so straighten up or you're gone".

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

If that incident was the only issue with Ted then I'd agree but he has a long history of behaving like a jackass, poor officiating performances and drawling way too much attention (mostly negative or at the very least bizarre) for him to keep being put in these high profile positions. My guess the message being sent is less "this is for the UNC game" and more "we're tired of the antics and heat you put on the officiating of our games so straighten up or you're gone".

I get it and I keep going back and forth on it. Probably by 7 tonight I'll circle back around and say this is what he deserves. haha

Archived