Strength of B1G next year?

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Curious where you see Purdue at next season? You know the team better than 99% of the people on here, and I may be in the minority but I appreciate your contributions to this board. 

I think they'll not be as good and they'll have a 'moderate fall'....not huge. Still a tournament team (7-8 seed). I actually think you'll be better off with Haarms getting Haas's minutes, but the loss of the other's leadership and depth will hurt.  Not having the weapons around him, do you think Carsen Edwards' production will drop? 

I think a drop is inevitable with losing all 4 seniors. I do think Carsen will be a stud and don’t really expect his production to drop since he’s just so dynamic and can get his own shot whenever he wants. I think Purdue will be a bubble team or maybe a little better but there are simply a lot of question marks. How big of a jump does Haarms make? I love him on defense but can he polish up his offensive game? We have two guys coming off redshirt years in Aaron Wheeler and Sasha Stefanovich so how will they fit in? I love Eric Hunter coming in as a freshman and maybe he’s ready to take on a legit role as a true freshman. I like Trevion Willims a lot but not sure how much he’ll be ready to contribute year 1. Cline will likely start and will be step up? I’m excited about Nojel Eastern honestly. The guy has really come on for us this year and has been playing great defense and had rebounded the ball so well. This summer, he needs to shoot, shoot, and then shoot some more. If he can just be an average shooter, he could be a stud as teams would have to respect his jumper. 

Maryland has a chance to be really, really good next season, especially if Fernando stays (Fr. big who has been in some 1st round mocks). They get Justin Jackson back, who would be leaving if not for his injury this year, along with Cowan and Huerter, and they add a 5* PF, and two 4*'s (sf & guard). You never know how it all gels together, but that's a lot of talent. The three juniors, Cowan, Huerter and Jackson are legit. 

32 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Maryland has a chance to be really, really good next season, especially if Fernando stays (Fr. big who has been in some 1st round mocks). They get Justin Jackson back, who would be leaving if not for his injury this year, along with Cowan and Huerter, and they add a 5* PF, and two 4*'s (sf & guard). You never know how it all gels together, but that's a lot of talent. The three juniors, Cowan, Huerter and Jackson are legit. 

Unfortunately for Maryland, I just don’t think Turgeon is a very good coach.  He’ll have a lot of talent, but I would bet on him squandering it yet again.

Archived