Top 10 Recruit Darius Bazley Decommitting from Syracuse

This is fine for some of the guys.  It may be a decent outlet for kids with no interest in being educated citizens.  If you see college as nothing but a vocational school as a means to make money, and there are many in that boat, this gives them an option.  It's similar to high school baseballers going to Rookie Ball instead of college.  

I think you could have three options: go straight to the Pros; go G league; or go to college with a two year commitment.

I could be wrong, but I see Adam Silver as a sophisticated thinker who won't simply go for the superficial ideas.  We all see how college football has roared way past college basketball and the game is a cluster mess right now.  I think Silver gets that a healthy college game helps basketball as a whole and there will be tangible and intangible benefits to the NBA.  In other words, I see Silver working with college basketball on positive solutions.

The bigger hindrance is that the NCAA is run by incompetent fools.

Going directly to the G League straight from High School is NOT going straight into the ACTUAL NBA !! This is my bone of contention !! High school grads should be permitted to put their names in the NBA DRAFT RIGHT AFTER HIGH SCHOOL ( and if selected -be allowed to go right to the NBA, imho ) !! And , in the current state of DICTATORSHIP ,They CAN NOT DO THAT !! I believe that silly rule is the reason why the Cheaters have been Paying these players to go to college for one year BECAUSE they Can not Go straight into the ACTUAL NBA !! At any rate, I am hoping the FBI manages to get Prison sentences for all of the College Coaches who have been cheating !! All of them , no matter where the chips fall !!

7 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It may be a decent outlet for kids with no interest in being educated citizens.  

A little harsh don’t you think?  Some of the greatest minds in the world never went to college, and there is a large number of them that did and dropped out.  Just because someone doesn’t go to college doesn’t mean that they’re uneducated.  College isn’t for everyone, even those who are “educated”.

Archived