Final Four thread?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 of the 4 teams in the Final Four this year play a style of ball I love.  And, they are different styles.  And, Kansas, the 4th team, has won something like 95 conference championships in a row.  Man, I hope IU can put a team out there like any of these 4 teams starting next year.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Michigan will definitely have a chance. Villanova is the better team, but Wagner is a difference make being a big that can shoot, pass, dribble, etc.  

I don’t know, I’m betting Nova will roll them.  Nova’s guards are way more talented, and Spellman is going to eat Wagner’s lunch.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I don’t know, I’m betting Nova will roll them.  Nova’s guards are way more talented, and Spellman is going to eat Wagner’s lunch.

Meh.  I bet Nova does not hit 18 threes on Michigan.  Maybe 20-25 of them, but not 18.  :coffee:

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't think Spellman whips him.. but yes nova guards are way better

Wagner is pretty bad on defense.  Loyola kid pretty much had his way with him tonight on the offensive end, and Spellman is way better and much more athletic than that kid.

17 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I’m not picking Michigan or anything. Nova is clearly the better team. But, Michigan has a chance, and Wagner can outplay Spellman, though Spellman could also outplay Wagner. That matchup will be a big key. 

6 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Wagner is pretty bad on defense.  Loyola kid pretty much had his way with him tonight on the offensive end, and Spellman is way better and much more athletic than that kid.

Spellman doesn't get nearly as many points inside as that kid does 

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Spellman doesn't get nearly as many points inside as that kid does 

Thanks for making the point I was trying too. Spellman basically hangs around the perimeter where Wagner is athletic enough to defend him, as compared to Azibuke from Kansas who couldn’t play on the perimeter. Also, Wagner will make Spellman defend him all over the court.

There was literally a play last night where Wagner got the ball on the block and then dribbled out from the block to the three point line to drain a three. Not sure I’ve ever seen that from a big. 

Again, Nova is by far the better team, but Michigan has pieces that if they shoot well and Nova is off, they can definitely win. 

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

What are your thoughts and opinions 

Seedings are subjective.  The committee picks them using their own judgement and whatever their criteria might be.  And sometimes they just plug a team into a spot(seed) to make the bracket work out.  Kind of like us in '01, when we got a #4.  I could go on about it, but the "metrics" guys will find a way to refute my thoughts.  You play who is in front of you regardless.  Win and advance.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Seedings are subjective.  The committee picks them using their own judgement and whatever their criteria might be.  And sometimes they just plug a team into a spot(seed) to make the bracket work out.  Kind of like us in '01, when we got a #4.  I could go on about it, but the "metrics" guys will find a way to refute my thoughts.  You play who is in front of you regardless.  Win and advance.

I thought we were a 5 that year.
Regardless, your point remains the same.

I think another good point on seedings being subjective was when we were a 5 yet again just a few years ago and played that poor 12 seed (sadly, I don't remember who it was).  That IU team being a 5 seed was ridiculous imo.  We could go on and on about seedings being 'off'.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Thanks for making the point I was trying too. Spellman basically hangs around the perimeter where Wagner is athletic enough to defend him, as compared to Azibuke from Kansas who couldn’t play on the perimeter. Also, Wagner will make Spellman defend him all over the court.

There was literally a play last night where Wagner got the ball on the block and then dribbled out from the block to the three point line to drain a three. Not sure I’ve ever seen that from a big. 

Again, Nova is by far the better team, but Michigan has pieces that if they shoot well and Nova is off, they can definitely win. 

Especially not from a college big guy. 

1 hour ago, PoHoosier said:

I thought we were a 5 that year.
Regardless, your point remains the same.

I think another good point on seedings being subjective was when we were a 5 yet again just a few years ago and played that poor 12 seed (sadly, I don't remember who it was).  That IU team being a 5 seed was ridiculous imo.  We could go on and on about seedings being 'off'.

We were a 4 in '01 and a 5 in '02 when we went to the FF.

But yes......sometimes those seedings are a joke.  

Archived