PETA

rico

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Years ago, went deep sea fishing off the coast of Pismo Beach, California.  First fish I caught was a shark. Captain shot him dead in the water.  Later, went Big Bill fishing in Hawaii.  FIrst fish I caught was a shark.  Captain shot him dead in the water.    No pictures for PETA  to get upset about,  in either case. 

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Years ago, went deep sea fishing off the coast of Pismo Beach, California.  First fish I caught was a shark. Captain shot him dead in the water.  Later, went Big Bill fishing in Hawaii.  FIrst fish I caught was a shark.  Captain shot him dead in the water.    No pictures for PETA  to get upset about,  in either case. 

Did you get them in the boat?  And did you eat them?

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Did you get them in the boat?  And did you eat them?

No. Captain shot them in the water.  And  then cut my line in each case.  And then gave me a new rig. 

Although in Hawaii, after the shark, I did land a huge tuna .  That I , with the help of the Captain,  landed in the boat.  Captain made us go up to the bridge, for safety. While he whaled away at the tuna  with a baseball bat to make sure the tuna was no longer a threat.  Captain said one swipe of the tuna's tail could break a leg. 

Again.... no pictures for PETA to get upset about. 

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

No. Captain shot them in the water.  And  then cut my line in each case.  And then gave me a new rig. 

Although in Hawaii, after the shark, I did land a huge tuna .  That I , with the help of the Captain,  landed in the boat.  Captain made us go up to the bridge, for safety. While he whaled away at the tuna  with a baseball bat to make sure the tuna was no longer a threat.  Captain said one swipe of the tuna's tail could break a leg. 

Again.... no pictures for PETA to get upset about. 

LOL....my cousins run a charter out of the Keys.  I went down there a few years back to do some fishing, first one I hooked was a shark(have no idea what kind).  My cousins shot it and then we wrestled it onto the boat.  When we got to shore they took it to a meat market.  2 days later I was eating shark steaks.  Pretty tasty I might say.

1 hour ago, rico said:

LOL....my cousins run a charter out of the Keys.  I went down there a few years back to do some fishing, first one I hooked was a shark(have no idea what kind).  My cousins shot it and then we wrestled it onto the boat.  When we got to shore they took it to a meat market.  2 days later I was eating shark steaks.  Pretty tasty I might say.

Well. After catching the Tuna.... and, it was a big one.  Ran the entire back side of the boat.  My captain asked me , knowing I was on a cruise ship, what I wanted to do with the Tuna. I told him to keep it.  Never saw a bigger smile on his face, till then..... as after checking prices of fresh prices of Tuna when we got back to port..... the Captain,  had to have made several hundreds of dollars from that one Tuna. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Well. After catching the Tuna.... and, it was a big one.  Ran the entire back side of the boat.  My captain asked me , knowing I was on a cruise ship, what I wanted to do with the Tuna. I told him to keep it.  Never saw a bigger smile on his face, till then..... as after checking prices of fresh prices of Tuna when we got back to port..... the Captain,  had to have made several hundreds of dollars from that one Tuna. 

Yepper.......fresh salt water fish bring in big bucks.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Elaborate.

How could you possibly find that, regardless of if the animal died or not, to be necessary? I'm not looking to have a debate about animal rights but this seems fairly straightforward that it was not necessary to do. 

What about that was necessary in your view?

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

How could you possibly find that, regardless of if the animal died or not, to be necessary? I'm not looking to have a debate about animal rights but this seems fairly straightforward that it was not necessary to do. 

What about that was necessary in your view?

You ever land a shark?

32 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I never said otherwise; you just apparently don't understand what it means for something to be necessary. 

OMG........what wasn't necessary?  Posting a pic?  Listen I have fished my entire life and I target certain species.  I catch ones that I am not targeting all the time.  That shark was a trophy in Von's eyes, and rightfully so.  Hell, I would have had it stuffed and hanging on the wall.  My take is you are a PETA person.  

17 minutes ago, rico said:

OMG........what wasn't necessary?  Posting a pic?  Listen I have fished my entire life and I target certain species.  I catch ones that I am not targeting all the time.  That shark was a trophy in Von's eyes, and rightfully so.  Hell, I would have had it stuffed and hanging on the wall.  My take is you are a PETA person.  

I'm not a PETA person, but even if I was it wouldn't change anything. Full disclosure,  I am a vegan. 

Having said that, necessary means something is required to be done or essential. How does what Miller did fit that definition?

45 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not a PETA person, but even if I was it wouldn't change anything. Full disclosure,  I am a vegan. 

Having said that, necessary means something is required to be done or essential. How does what Miller did fit that definition?

You tell me......dude was fishing.  No more no less.  Plants have feelings too.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

You tell me......dude was fishing.  No more no less.  Plants have feelings too.

I said pretty clearly that it wasn't necessary and you've been unable to explain why you think it was. 

Keep taking your cheap shots because you can't answer a basic question,  no skin off my back. 

30 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

If being necessary was the determining factor on whether or not something is done, very little would be done.  This message board wouldn't be a thing.  Sports wouldn't be a thing.  Not a whole lot of things are actually necessary.

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

If being necessary was the determining factor on whether or not something is done, very little would be done.  This message board wouldn't be a thing.  Sports wouldn't be a thing.  Not a whole lot of things are actually necessary.

I didn't say that was the determining factor for doing anything, let alone this specific thing (though this may have been illegal). 

It isn't exactly an extreme view to think hunting exotic creatures for no purpose other than trophies or to harm them is pointless. I'm not on here saying anything extreme; but sure side with the guy who doesn't know the definition of necessary. It really proves the point that we need less English in schools. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I didn't say that was the determining factor for doing anything, let alone this specific thing (though this may have been illegal). 

It isn't exactly an extreme view to think hunting exotic creatures for no purpose other than trophies or to harm them is pointless. I'm not on here saying anything extreme; but sure side with the guy who doesn't know the definition of necessary. It really proves the point that we need less English in schools. 

Do you live in the state of Indiana?

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Your first post said  "Regardless of that was legal, it was unnecessary."  Don't try to turn this into an education argument.  You made a typo (which we all do from time to time) and made zero mention of what "that" and "it" were referring to.  The first time I read your comment, I wasn't sure if you meant the act of catching the shark, posting the picture, or even the article itself.  For all I knew, you were a big hunter a fisher and thought that having an article about it was the thing that was unnecessary.

Was it necessary for you to be rude to me about an innocent comment I made?  No, but you did it anyways.  I'm out of this one.  Enjoy the rest of your night.

Archived