Green, Durham, Phinisee...

10 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think the guy that proves he can consistently hit the open 3 will get the most minutes.  With Romeo and Morgan both on the floor open looks for that guy will be a regularity. 

I think it will come down to who can take care of the ball best.  Both Green and Durham had a worse than 2:1 assist-to-turnover ratio last season.  That can’t happen next year.

22 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I think it will come down to who can take care of the ball best.  Both Green and Durham had a worse than 2:1 assist-to-turnover ratio last season.  That can’t happen next year.

That and who can defend the best. Luckily on that front, both Green and Durham are pretty good. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:09 PM, KoB2011 said:

Hard to imagine an all freshmen backcourt on a championship team, too. 

Rather we like it or not, our best chance to have a great season is Green finding consistency. 

I hope no one is expecting a championship season this year. Yes, Romeo is a great player but don't have your expectations out of whack either.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I hope no one is expecting a championship season this year. Yes, Romeo is a great player but don't have your expectations out of whack either.

Not expecting, but certainly not willing to punt it either. If Green figures it out and Smith makes the sophomore jump he looks poised to take we could certainly be in the championship conversation next March.

23 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Honestly, with Green, it has been unforced errors.  When he concentrates on every possession, you start seeing his 5-6 assist, 1-2 turnover games.  Let's hope after two years, the game will slow down in his mind and he won't get baited.  I think an issue with him was when he got pressured with the ball, he'd especially start making bad decisions.

I have thought for a long time that Phinesee is under-ranked.  But, true freshman PG is a rough gig.  I'd speculate that he could get substantial minutes off the bench.

Durham is a guy I like too.  Let's see how he improves and bulks up.  Durham reminds me of a Bobby Knight guard.  Not the guy at the top of your mind, but a guy who plays a ton as a coach's favorite.  I bet Knight would have liked him and played him.

We see this situation similarly.

I think Al is being undervalued. He has a great deal of upside -- he was a frosh, came in early and almost never turned the ball over while growing his minutes, that, by itself, is significant. He needs to develop a jumper in a big way, but that may come, and this summer is going to be important. No idea if he will get there, but I would not be surprised if Al is a big surprise player with a frosh to soph jump.

42 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We see this situation similarly.

I think Al is being undervalued. He has a great deal of upside -- he was a frosh, came in early and almost never turned the ball over while growing his minutes, that, by itself, is significant. He needs to develop a jumper in a big way, but that may come, and this summer is going to be important. No idea if he will get there, but I would not be surprised if Al is a big surprise player with a frosh to soph jump.

I'm always drawn to high character kids.  Often character and intelligence go hand in hand and it's my guess that Al has both.  There's a reason Archie likes him and while he showed promise last season, I hope he makes a big leap this year.

Archived