Ranking the QB's

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I hope so.........

I'm a big UT football fan. went to a game last year, and I'll be attending one this year.... watch all the games on the DVR if we play at the same time as them. When DeBord was at UT his last 3 years he had Josh Dobbs who was an athletic freak. I see Dawkins as a very similar player and will be used in the same ways.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I'm a big UT football fan. went to a game last year, and I'll be attending one this year.... watch all the games on the DVR if we play at the same time as them. When DeBord was at UT his last 3 years he had Josh Dobbs who was an athletic freak. I see Dawkins as a very similar player and will be used in the same ways.

I got more UT stuff than I do IU.  Love that Orange and my Momma grew up just north of Knoxville.  GO VOLS.  Unless they are playing the Hoosiers!!!!!!!!

If all goes according to plan (which it won't...it's IU), Dawkins will have a chance to really impress against MSU.  We'll hopefully go into that game 3-0, and a win and a good game from Dawkins could really get people talking about his play.

Like others mentioned, I think Dawkins is a perfect fit for the offense we want to run.  I'm hoping Debord opens up the playbook a little more with a great running QB.  Even if it is last year's vanilla offense, at least teams have to be worried about Dawkins feet on every snap.

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think I agree with that. Sindelar once he’s healthy is going to be one of the best in the conference IMO. 

Guys coming off injuries and/or not at traditional football schools tend to get overlooked.

On 5/25/2018 at 4:46 PM, Leathernecks said:

If all goes according to plan (which it won't...it's IU), Dawkins will have a chance to really impress against MSU.  We'll hopefully go into that game 3-0, and a win and a good game from Dawkins could really get people talking about his play.

Like others mentioned, I think Dawkins is a perfect fit for the offense we want to run.  I'm hoping Debord opens up the playbook a little more with a great running QB.  Even if it is last year's vanilla offense, at least teams have to be worried about Dawkins feet on every snap.

Being a football coach... when my team or the opposing team has an elite athlete playing QB, and Dawkins is absolutely an elite athlete, it changes EVERYTHING defensively. You literally cannot leave the QB unaccounted for. At the HS level our DL isnt nearly as aware of athletic as the college guys, so it makes it that much harder. 

IU should never have an immobile QB. Their OL (outside of Wilson's last 3 years) is rarely ever top notch, so a guy that can make plays with their feet is a must have. That was Lagows biggest problem. The line wasn't good enough for his skill set.. if he was able to sit behind OSU or Bama OL I can promise he would have looked much different. It's no ones fault.. just the reality of it all. I'm ready to see Dawkins play.. his film is very Kellen Lewis (ish). 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Being a football coach... when my team or the opposing team has an elite athlete playing QB, and Dawkins is absolutely an elite athlete, it changes EVERYTHING defensively. You literally cannot leave the QB unaccounted for. At the HS level our DL isnt nearly as aware of athletic as the college guys, so it makes it that much harder. 

IU should never have an immobile QB. Their OL (outside of Wilson's last 3 years) is rarely ever top notch, so a guy that can make plays with their feet is a must have. That was Lagows biggest problem. The line wasn't good enough for his skill set.. if he was able to sit behind OSU or Bama OL I can promise he would have looked much different. It's no ones fault.. just the reality of it all. I'm ready to see Dawkins play.. his film is very Kellen Lewis (ish). 

Whoa......

IU has had plenty of immoble QB's that were quite successful.  Richard's problem wasn't the line it was the lack of a running game.

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Whoa......

IU has had plenty of immoble QB's that were quite successful.  Richard's problem wasn't the line it was the lack of a running game.

Who were they? In the last 20 years they've had 1 that played behind lines that weren't good. Sudfeld played behind the best lines IU has had in consecutive years. Chappell is the only one that's had success and was immobile. 

When Lagow was a JR we ran buck wild on about everyone. Howard and Redding both went for over 1,000. 

We could block no one last year and when Lagow was the QB they knew he couldn't escape anyone.. that all changes now. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who were they? In the last 20 years they've had 1 that played behind lines that weren't good. Sudfeld played behind the best lines IU has had in consecutive years. Chappell is the only one that's had success and was immobile. 

When Lagow was a JR we ran buck wild on about everyone. Howard and Redding both went for over 1,000. 

We could block no one last year and when Lagow was the QB they knew he couldn't escape anyone.. that all changes now. 

Trent Green and Chris Dittoe.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Trent Green and Chris Dittoe.

Completely different football back then. Way different. 

Also.. Trent Green ran for over 500 yards and 20 TDs in college. And that's with sacks counting against his yardage.. he wasn't overly immoble. Lagow is. 

I'm unfamiliar with the other guy.. but he doesn't show up in any record's top 10 list. When did he play?

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Completely different football back then. Way different. 

Also.. Trent Green ran for over 500 yards and 20 TDs in college. And that's with sacks counting against his yardage.. he wasn't overly immoble. Lagow is. 

I'm unfamiliar with the other guy.. but he doesn't show up in any record's top 10 list. When did he play?

I am guessing Chris played starting in '93.

Archived