Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

On 10/8/2018 at 6:01 AM, StLHoosier said:

It’s early, but he’s currently the #1 PG in his class.  If he comes, there’s a good chance he takes the reigns as a freshman.  

Robert will be a senior nobody will take the ball out of his hands...but I could easily see them playing alongside each other like him and Al do now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/8/2018 at 7:05 PM, dgambill said:

Robert will be a senior nobody will take the ball out of his hands...but I could easily see them playing alongside each other like him and Al do now.

It’s becoming more common for athletes to obtain degrees in 3 years with the amount of time they spend on campus during summers.  I’m sure this is well within reach for a guy as sharp as Rob.

3 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

It’s becoming more common for athletes to obtain degrees in 3 years with the amount of time they spend on campus during summers.  I’m sure this is well within reach for a guy as sharp as Rob.

So you expect him to what....transfer?? Why would he do that if he is the starting PG at IU? I look for this to be HIS team much like Juwan's by his senior year. Rob is fantastic but much like Yogi he will have to prove it in the G-League etc to make an NBA roster. He just doesn't have NBA size that they want. Now...I think he will be good enough to play in the league but I don't see him leaving in 3 years.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

So you expect him to what....transfer?? Why would he do that if he is the starting PG at IU? I look for this to be HIS team much like Juwan's by his senior year. Rob is fantastic but much like Yogi he will have to prove it in the G-League etc to make an NBA roster. He just doesn't have NBA size that they want. Now...I think he will be good enough to play in the league but I don't see him leaving in 3 years.

Whether he is saying he expects a transfer or not, the student athlete seemingly has an increasing number of options.

19 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Whether he is saying he expects a transfer or not, the student athlete seemingly has an increasing number of options.

I fully understand...especially with the grad transfer thing...but Robert seems as lock of a 4 year starter as there is. I don't see anyone jumping over him barring injuries and yet I don't think he would want to play anywhere else. NBA to me is not going to come promising a contract. I could easily see a huge jump for him as a senior leading his team in scoring and assist. But I understand he could go. I just feel like this is Roberts bus the next 4 years. He is the most important player in our program long term.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

I fully understand...especially with the grad transfer thing...but Robert seems as lock of a 4 year starter as there is. I don't see anyone jumping over him barring injuries and yet I don't think he would want to play anywhere else. NBA to me is not going to come promising a contract. I could easily see a huge jump for him as a senior leading his team in scoring and assist. But I understand he could go. I just feel like this is Roberts bus the next 4 years. He is the most important player in our program long term.

What I wouldn’t do to have two great point guards both of which have decent height starting to gather. One of my favorite teams to watch ever in college that wasn’t IU Was when Arizona started Khalid Reeves and Damon StoudemireWas when Arizona started Khalid Reeves and Damon Stoudemire

52 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

What I wouldn’t do to have two great point guards both of which have decent height starting to gather. One of my favorite teams to watch ever in college that wasn’t IU Was when Arizona started Khalid Reeves and Damon StoudemireWas when Arizona started Khalid Reeves and Damon Stoudemire

Agreed. Two attacking guards like Robert and Kristian would be awesome. We’ve had some good lineups here at IU with basically two point guards. Good times!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived