2018-19 Player Preview: Jerome Hunter

If I had to pick one guy on the roster that I just have no clue what to expect from, it's probably Hunter. I know he's long and athletic, but outside of that really don't know much about him. Is he an athletic slasher type? Is he a shooter? Can he handle/create or is he better positioned to be on the receiving end like Troy Williams was and Justin Smith is? I know some reports have said that after seeing him practice he has the skill of a borderline 5* one and done, but I also always take those things with a grain of salt. 

I feel like of the new/young guys his potential for impact this season probably has the widest range (huge contributor that surprises all the way to athletic kid who needs more seasoning). 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

If I had to pick one guy on the roster that I just have no clue what to expect from, it's probably Hunter. I know he's long and athletic, but outside of that really don't know much about him. Is he an athletic slasher type? Is he a shooter? Can he handle/create or is he better positioned to be on the receiving end like Troy Williams was and Justin Smith is? I know some reports have said that after seeing him practice he has the skill of a borderline 5* one and done, but I also always take those things with a grain of salt. 

I feel like of the new/young guys his potential for impact this season probably has the widest range (huge contributor that surprises all the way to athletic kid who needs more seasoning). 

I haven't seen any practices but watched lots of highlights....I think there are going to definitely be some plays he makes this year that are going to make us say "WOW". I feel like he is going to have a few games this year when other teams are focusing on our other stars that other folks might say he is our most talented freshman because of what he can do on the offensive end. He can shoot very well and he can use his body to get to the basket. I think it will come down to confidence for him like it does for most freshman...but he has the physical tools and the talent to be a 1 and done....I just think his opportunities to show case them might be limited based on where the focus of the offense for this team should come from. I definitely don't think he makes it past next year though. I think he is our leading scorer in 2019.

Archived