Penn State - IU game thread

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

This is a different offense with Penix in there.

I think Ramsey sometimes looks for short passes first and long passes second while Penix is looking downfield and dumps it off if nothing is there.

Penix is a stud...no doubt. I 'likes what I'm seeing ....Keep it up big P!!!

Well, even with the crappy last possession, still a great 1st half.  Great rebound by the team, and we get the ball to start the 2nd half.

I'm worried we're going to get the full brunt of the B1G officials in the 2nd.  PSU has 0 penalties, and we've had 3 first downs called back on penalties.  At least 2 of those were pretty questionable.  Hopefully we smack them in the mouth and don't have to worry about it.

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Well, even with the crappy last possession, still a great 1st half.  Great rebound by the team, and we get the ball to start the 2nd half.

I'm worried we're going to get the full brunt of the B1G officials in the 2nd.  PSU has 0 penalties, and we've had 3 first downs called back on penalties.  At least 2 of those were pretty questionable.  Hopefully we smack them in the mouth and don't have to worry about it.

The refs are the only reason IU isn't in solid command of the game right now. No reason to think it won't get worse in the second half. Those holds were not very questionable. I'd say pretty blatant protection of the higher team on third down conversions that would have netted IU big yardage if the refs hadn't pushed them back. The legit holding call at the end of the half took us out of field goal range, otherwise it's probably tied now.  Outside of giving up a few big plays, IU pretty much dominated that half. 

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Everyone on here know we should have kicked the field goal. Thats the only call to make. I wish we would hire a coach that knows when to kick it and when to go.

Of all the positive things that happened in the first half, and that's your only comment?  Anything you liked that half?

Archived