AP top 25 out on 10/22

3 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I don't consider it disrespect. We weren't very good last year. We added new pieces, but there are still lots of unknowns about our team at the moment. They are preseason polls for a reason. We'll be somewhere in the 15-20 range when Big Ten season rolls around. 

When compared to the respect Purdue is shown after losing four starters?  IU has more starters back and has a considerably better incoming recruiting class.  Looks like a Carson Edwards lovefest to me.  I think they have more unknowns than IU, so yeah, if I were IU, I'd feel disrespected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/25/2018 at 2:29 PM, FKIM01 said:

When compared to the respect Purdue is shown after losing four starters?  IU has more starters back and has a considerably better incoming recruiting class.  Looks like a Carson Edwards lovefest to me.  I think they have more unknowns than IU, so yeah, if I were IU, I'd feel disrespected.

Going forward I think Purdue will prove to be extremely overrated. Outside of Carsen they have nobody that can score and he won't be near as efficient with teams keying on him. It's time for IU to start dominating teams like that and earning some respect.

42 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

Going forward I think Purdue will prove to be extremely overrated. Outside of Carsen they have nobody that can score and he won't be near as efficient with teams keying on him. It's time for IU to start dominating teams like that and earning some respect.

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation.  Thanks for joining. And enjoy your time with our ever increasing family. 

13 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Our free throw shooting will lose us games if not fixed — margin in B1g play too narrow to just give up points at the line, and our outside game can be better — Fitz and McBob both can shoot more, Green’s outside game is inconsistent but he can hit, Demezi may earn more time 

Consistency is going to be the problem. We have several guys that can hit threes, but as of now I would say Fitz is probably the only one you can count on, maybe McRoberts if his volume goes up. 

1 minute ago, cohete15 said:

Gotta keep that ranking down a little longer. There’s been plenty of money to be made on the undervalued Hoosiers so far. 

Lol! :) plus if a we climb later the boys will stay hungry and the it'll help even more with the image of Archie. That he's really coaching them UP.

On 11/10/2018 at 10:26 AM, macomb hoosier said:

Check out Sagarin: he has us at 7 and Marquette 15 (just behind Purdue)

I call homer !  As far as I believe, Jeff Sagarin is still based out of B-town.

Seriously, though.  Jeff IMHO has been very fair all through the years.  To have IU ranked 7 is something.  But, then again, look at who is ranked just ahead of IU.  I kid, I kid.

41 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

2 thoughts:

1.  Rankings are guesses this time of year

2.  Why does it still bother me IU is not being recognized even though I know point 1 is true?

Spot on.  This week will tell the voters if IU deserves to be ranked.  I think I am more pissed that Purdue IS ranked...

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

as said earlier, win these two games this week, and we're ranked.  that's fair.  loss at Duke will knock us back out, but we'll fight back in pretty quickly.  

I think a bad loss at Duke will bump us back out of the top 25, if we lose by say no more than 10 and its close until the last few minutes of the game then I think we get the benefit of the doubt and stay just inside the top 25

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

as said earlier, win these two games this week, and we're ranked.  that's fair.  loss at Duke will knock us back out, but we'll fight back in pretty quickly.  

Wouldn't be so sure that a L at Cameron Indoor would knock us back out of the rankings given this scenario. If we win 2 this week and play Duke respectably AT Duke, I think this team stays around the 22-25 range, maybe even higher. Of course, polls this early in the season are hard to read and I could be completely wrong, so there's that. 

Archived