Scouting Report on Loyola Chicago

rbkl

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

USI isn't that far away from being D-1 and was talked about(potential/road blocks to becoming a D-1 school) multiple times during my time there(09-13), a very tough nosed D-II opponent(USI Alum)

Not sure I haven’t been there since 01 but we were pretty good under Pearl...of course he was bringing in Michigan outcastes and we know the perks Pearl had always provided for his players wherever he has been. Be surprised USI is is still on that level. If the margin isn’t double the Chicago Loyola one I would be surprised.

18 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We're going to win by 40 easily.

What may well keep that from happening is Archie experimenting with different plays and different lineups.  USI is an excellent D-II school (Class of '88 and daughter class of '19) but they are not Loyola.  Still, they will be jacked up to play IU and they always seem to have good outside shooters.  That is a great equalizer if the pack line defense encourages it.  They won't beat IU but neither do I expect a 40-point beatdown.  I'd say about a 20-point margin but if IU kept it's starters in and really kept the gas to the floor, it could get very ugly for USI.

Archived