Southern Indiana Post game thread

Reacher

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

And holy crap, Justin Smith is athletic!

We all knew he was very athletic coming in as a true freshman, but I was pleasantly surprised as well watching the game highlight. He was flying and looked so effortless. I think he got to the next level with the offseason training. Kudos to Coach Marshall!

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

We all knew he was very athletic coming in as a true freshman, but I was pleasantly surprised as well watching the game highlight. He was flying and looked so effortless. I think he got to the next level with the offseason training. Kudos to Coach Marshall!

Some Vic and Troy in him. Do think he has the potential to get to the next level.

53 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Damezi and Rob -- IU's "other" in-state freshmen -- shine.

One thing I did not appreciate until last night is how strong Rob is. His physique doesn't scream strength -- he's deceptively strong. My loose analogy -- James Harden. Harden doesn't look strong, but when he comes through the lane his strength is quickly apparent. Rob seems somewhat like that.

15 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Some Vic and Troy in him. Do think he has the potential to get to the next level.

If he can show ballhandling and shooting skills (which he already has but just needs improvement), I don't see why NBA scouts wouldn't be interested in him. We're at the beginning of the season so we haven't seen his full offensive arsenal, but if he has steady improvement, I think he can jump to pro after his junior season. 

Looking at his recruiting profile, he was ranked at 78 in his class and classified as a PF. If he can be developed into an NBA wing (3 spot), he can be a tremendous selling point for Archie. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

One thing I did not appreciate until last night is how strong Rob is. His physique doesn't scream strength -- he's deceptively strong. My loose analogy -- James Harden. Harden doesn't look strong, but when he comes through the lane his strength is quickly apparent. Rob seems somewhat like that.

I remeber a few posters saying they were not worried about losing Garland because Rob was undervalued and maybe just as good. I assumed those guys were giving homer speak. Turns out they may be right.

We seem to have found a good one with Rob! And his last name is so darn fun to say!

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I remeber a few posters saying they were not worried about losing Garland because Rob was undervalued and maybe just as good. I assumed those guys were giving homer speak. Turns out they may be right.

We seem to have found a good one with Rob! And his last name is so darn fun to say!

When Rob's name first surfaced, I watched several Youtube highlights and fell in love with his game. He's got matured game beyond his years...so savvy. IMO, he's got enough speed and quickness for college game, and hopefully he improves in that area the next few years AND/OR grows a few more inches.

16 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am always right.  :coffee:

One stat that stood out for me:

• Freshman Romeo Langford: 13 points, 5 turnovers
  • Freshman Rob Phinisee: 13 points, 0 turnovers

Also notable was the fact that Damezi Anderson led all scorers while scoring all of his points in the second half.

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

6’1 182 and climbing

B4E433FF-EDD7-404F-8420-AA0870C443D1.jpeg

3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Hopefully Rob can come in and be like trey Burke did at UM because Burke was not a real highly rated recruit.

1 minute ago, SconsinHoosier said:

Hi all - curious if anyone is able to watch the game on BTN right now. According to my guide it should be on, but I’m getting BTN Football & Beyond in WI on all 3 feeds. 

Pissing me right the hell off.

The fact that this prerecorded football analysis program is on and not what has been scheduled is entirely unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Pissing me right the hell off.

The fact that this prerecorded football analysis program is on and not what has been scheduled is entirely unnecessary.

Man, it’s been a long, trying week. And the only thing keeping me going was knowing it would end with me settling in with a nice scotch to see this team for the first time. Thanks BTN. 

Just now, SconsinHoosier said:

Man, it’s been a long, trying week. And the only thing keeping me going was knowing it would end with me settling in with a nice scotch to see this team for the first time. Thanks BTN. 

Me too. I just tweeted them letting them know this is far from a cool thing to do to people.

1 minute ago, azhoosier said:

This is not acceptable. Why advertise the replay if you do not plan on showing the replay. To do this to the fan base of one of the major schools in your conference is a slap in the face. 

Just said this to my wife...we are one of the largest basketball fanbases in the country, let alone the conference. Effing ridiculous.

Archived