Injury News Coming out of Montana State

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

I think that if Davis is OK physically, and it's just an issue of strengthening and conditioning, that's pretty good news, no?

I have followed De'Ron since 8th grade. And perhaps am his biggest fan. However, having watched him for all these years..... I don't know what the problem is.  Conditioning, to me, has always been an issue with him.  Currently, I know Archie is aware of this, based on his most recent comments about De'Ron's conditioning. De'Ron says he is ready to go. Coach, says not so fast.   Does not mean that De'Ron can't be a contributor.  But in this case I am going with coach.  Coaches know best.  Once again, I never expected De'Ron to come back from his injury as quickly as he has. Proves to me, that he is a hero, in that respect.  And Archie, knows what it will take to get going again. 

So, yes.  Based on his hard work coming back from this injury, and if it is a matter of conditioning.... I agree with you.... it's only a matter of time.

We should be very thankful for the incredible depth of talent assembled on this team.  Injuries suck but they are so much easier to deal with if you have a lot of confidence in the backup players.  I have much more confidence than usual, that's for certain.  We have reserves that could start on several teams in the Big Ten.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I have followed De'Ron since 8th grade. And perhaps am his biggest fan. However, having watched him for all these years..... I don't know what the problem is.  Conditioning, to me, has always been an issue with him.  Currently, I know Archie is aware of this, based on his most recent comments about De'Ron's conditioning. De'Ron says he is ready to go. Coach, says not so fast.   Does not mean that De'Ron can't be a contributor.  But in this case I am going with coach.  Coaches know best.  Once again, I never expected De'Ron to come back from his injury as quickly as he has. Proves to me, that he is a hero, in that respect.  And Archie, knows what it will take to get going again. 

So, yes.  Based on his hard work coming back from this injury, and if it is a matter of conditioning.... I agree with you.... it's only a matter of time.

I agree Mile and this is a strange one for me to grasp. You had a chance to observe him a good bit in HS and are very positive about him but even you mentioned that his biggest thing coming to this level was going to be getting in better shape.

then we heard it from Crean.

now we hear it from  Archie. 

What is the deal?! This seems like something that should long sense be resolved by now unless he just really struggles to give good effort in conditioning. I've coached running for 15 years and there are some athletes who are GOOD athletes that are completely convinced they're busting butt everyday and everyone around them just can't grasp how they can't see that they give C effort in that area all the time.

is Davis one of those types of athletes Mile? I realize we are left to guess unless someone has some insider info.

Archived