Bobby Petrino Fired

KDB

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty much. Purdue will have him again...but if they think this conversation doesn't take place the last week in November every year until he leaves they are kidding themselves. 

Unless he builds them into a national power?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, rico said:

Unless he builds them into a national power?

Sorry. That won't happen. There will be openings in the coming years that will be more appealing. Shoot. Could be USC next year. Could be Miami. Any number of SEC teams. Saban won't coach until he's 90. Might even be an NFL job. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry. That won't happen. There will be openings in the coming years that will be more appealing. Shoot. Could be USC next year. Could be Miami. Any number of SEC teams. Saban won't coach until he's 90. Might even be an NFL job. 

Brohm doesn’t strike me as a west coast guy. Turning down UL was big in keeping him for the foreseeable future. But keep hoping he won’t stay long I guess since that’s all you have?

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Brohm doesn’t strike me as a west coast guy. Turning down UL was big in keeping him for the foreseeable future. But keep hoping he won’t stay long I guess since that’s all you have?

I wouldn't care if Brohm stayed 10 more years if it meant you being gone from this board.

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

We’ll see if this is over. 

Browns have an opening. Wouldn’t surprise me if the Bengals do too at the end of the season.

It definitely seems like Brohm strongly considered leaving for Louisville.  I don't see him staying more than another season or two max.  He's a hot enough name right now, his stock can't really get much higher.  Might decide to strike while the iron's hot.

PU loses their starting QB, top 2 rushers, and #2 and #4 receivers.  That shine might not stick around forever, but they do have a weak conference schedule next year.

13 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It definitely seems like Brohm strongly considered leaving for Louisville.  I don't see him staying more than another season or two max.  He's a hot enough name right now, his stock can't really get much higher.  Might decide to strike while the iron's hot.

PU loses their starting QB, top 2 rushers, and #2 and #4 receivers.  That shine might not stick around forever, but they do have a weak conference schedule next year.

Who wouldn’t consider returning to their alma mater/town they grew up in? UL was always going to be hard for him to say no to. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Trolling? I’ve said nothing even close that would resemble trolling. 

Try again. 

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Trolling? I’ve said nothing even close that would resemble trolling. 

"Brohm doesn’t strike me as a west coast guy. Turning down UL was big in keeping him for the foreseeable future. But keep hoping he won’t stay long I guess since that’s all you have?"

It's just from a few posts above; it's not like I was really searching hard for it.

Brohm has won a total of two more regular season games than Allen, which is literally just winning the bucket game the last two years.  Blough was the difference between IU and Purdue this year.  Ramsey is a decent qb, but Blough has the arm.  Purdue may have some good receivers (Moore especially), but it remains to be seen who gets them the ball next year.  Purdue was pretty bad before Brohm went to Blough as your qb.

Regardless of some IU fans' perspectives, I think both programs are trending up, but it is likely that Brohm will be gone sometime in the next few years, and if he isn't, it's probably not going to be a good thing for Purdue football anyway.

13 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

"Brohm doesn’t strike me as a west coast guy. Turning down UL was big in keeping him for the foreseeable future. But keep hoping he won’t stay long I guess since that’s all you have?"

It's just from a few posts above; it's not like I was really searching hard for it.

Brohm has won a total of two more regular season games than Allen, which is literally just winning the bucket game the last two years.  Blough was the difference between IU and Purdue this year.  Ramsey is a decent qb, but Blough has the arm.  Purdue may have some good receivers (Moore especially), but it remains to be seen who gets them the ball next year.  Purdue was pretty bad before Brohm went to Blough as your qb.

Regardless of some IU fans' perspectives, I think both programs are trending up, but it is likely that Brohm will be gone sometime in the next few years, and if he isn't, it's probably not going to be a good thing for Purdue football anyway.

It’ll either be Sindelar or RS-FR Plummer. It’ll be nice to have a Rondale Moore/David Bell combo. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty much. Purdue will have him again...but if they think this conversation doesn't take place the last week in November every year until he leaves they are kidding themselves. 

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if he has eyes for something much bigger.  Didn't want to take the UL job and have to leave them in a few.

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I've tried to be polite to most of your posts. What I will say is this. Purdue isn't a destination job. You know it. We know it. Be happy today. You get a one year window again. But please don't be dbag and act like Purdue is a school people seek out. He'll leave. It's West Lafayette. He'll leave. It's almost like an insecurity battle guys had a win today. Just win today and be insecure tomorrow? Cool?

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ya left out Florida State!

35 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

IU football deserves this. Our administration is a damn joke, we would never pay that kind of money. Can't believe we even have boosters...why on earth would you put up with this

Deserves what?  Brohm staying at Purdue?  

Archived