UT Arlington Postgame Thread

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Coming off of a loss...I just expected more. So tired of the injuries already. Either be available or not,....but tired of we'll see if he can play.

Also....the public always complains about wanting more tickets compared to students,etc.....that place was dead last night. If the public wants tickets give Fred a reason. I heard the crowd 2x the entire broadcast. Pretty pathetic.

I was at the game, I thought the crowd was decent wants the game got closer. Tuesday before thanksgiving, HS Boys games started, not bad considering.  

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was at the game, I thought the crowd was decent wants the game got closer. Tuesday before thanksgiving, HS Boys games started, not bad considering.  

Only thing I'll add is late in the game, one of the guys doing the game mentioned the crowd finally getting into the game.

Can't under estimate the value of a loud 6th man

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Understand. I think I'm just ticked the game was close and we aren't even to Thanksgiving and the injuries are becoming a concern. Overall mood is negative...but today is a new day. So we'll start over again. Haha.

26 minutes ago, slojoe said:

I didn't see the injury to Durham, but it didn't sound good.

I'm concerned about RL.  They showed him on the bench with his nose and face taped.  He looked pretty glassy-eyed.  He may be out with concussion protocol.

Don't think so, though we'll see -- after the game CAM said he didn't go back in because they couldn't stop the bleeding -- as in that was the only reason. 

I think this game was just a matter of the quick turnaround, 6-7 guys being out injured and the last game before a holiday. It happens in college basketball, especially when you're playing a team like UTA. I don't like it, but it happens. You could tell the guys weren't completely locked in, especially defensively. 

The other thing the injuries really impact is practice. It's just not the same when 6-7 rotation guys are out. You don't have enough bodies and you don't have enough quality bodies. Really need to get healthy and fast. 

My only regret was that CAM wouldn't put Jager, Forrester, or Moore in for a couple minutes to help rest the guys. I don't blame conditioning for any of these injuries. I do think we will have most back for Duke but am concerned we will not be in sync. Need a fast start and 40 minutes of execution and intensity.  I'd like to see Romeo stronger with the ball and willing to get a basket when needed. This team doesn't seem to know how to play through Langford and Morgan yet. Finally started to get Morgan the ball late and he saved us. Hope they continue that Friday.  Let those two be the focal point of the offense and cut down the sloppiness/ turnovers and we should be ok. 

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

If anyone is interested, Fox Sports has last nights game on replay............   Ugghhh

Yeah, once was more than enough for me.

I want to add to the chorus of folks imploring reason here. Injuries and short turn around submarined us more than anything last night.

Its tough to really assess proper judgement of this squad at this point.

So, with optics and the court of public opinion being so important; since the Duke game is more than likely going to be a loss, should CAM hold out the walking wounded until after that game?  Is getting beat by 50 with managers and a guy they picked up at the airport playing better than 25 with a fullish roster?

3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

So, with optics and the court of public opinion being so important; since the Duke game is more than likely going to be a loss, should CAM hold out the walking wounded until after that game?  Is getting beat by 50 with managers and a guy they picked up at the airport playing better than 25 with a fullish roster?

I was thinking the same thing. May not be a bad idea.

3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

No way. If any of the kids can go without aggravating their injuries, they should play.

so even with all the injuries, to me the only way we are in trouble is if Durham and Langford are out for Friday...or especially in concussion protocol and possibly out for Tues.  still say with

Phinisee

Durham

Langford

Smith

Morgan

off the bench Anderson, Fitzner, Forrester, and Moore should be enough for Friday.  now if Durham or Langford are out, things are interesting.  pretty much need everyone other than Hunter back to have much hope Tues.  can't be playing Moore, Forrester, or probably even Anderson in that game.  

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, it is a long season.  If they are good fine.  But I have no problem with precautionary measures.

While I understand the sentiment, I guess it's the optics and public opinion piece I don't understand. 

I guess I just believe this quote from one of my favorite people in sports...

"This is what's great about sports. This is what the greatest thing about sports is: you play to win the game. Hello? You play to win the game. You don't play it to just play it. That's the great thing about sports: you play to win, and I don't care if you don't have any wins. You go play to win. When you start tellin' me it doesn't matter, then retire. Get out! 'Cause it matters."

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

My only regret was that CAM wouldn't put Jager, Forrester, or Moore in for a couple minutes to help rest the guys. I don't blame conditioning for any of these injuries. I do think we will have most back for Duke but am concerned we will not be in sync. Need a fast start and 40 minutes of execution and intensity.  I'd like to see Romeo stronger with the ball and willing to get a basket when needed. This team doesn't seem to know how to play through Langford and Morgan yet. Finally started to get Morgan the ball late and he saved us. Hope they continue that Friday.  Let those two be the focal point of the offense and cut down the sloppiness/ turnovers and we should be ok. 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so even with all the injuries, to me the only way we are in trouble is if Durham and Langford are out for Friday...or especially in concussion protocol and possibly out for Tues.  still say with

Phinisee

Durham

Langford

Smith

Morgan

off the bench Anderson, Fitzner, Forrester, and Moore should be enough for Friday.  now if Durham or Langford are out, things are interesting.  pretty much need everyone other than Hunter back to have much hope Tues.  can't be playing Moore, Forrester, or probably even Anderson in that game.  

Sad thing is that once Durham went out, we only played 6 guys. Forrester and Moore didn't get off the bench, and aren't getting off the bench any time soon if it's a close game. For whatever reason, there isn't any faith or trust in them from CAM.

24 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

Sad thing is that once Durham went out, we only played 6 guys. Forrester and Moore didn't get off the bench, and aren't getting off the bench any time soon if it's a close game. For whatever reason, there isn't any faith or trust in them from CAM.

Do not know if its' "faith or trust" or something else. It is troubling that neither player entered the game despite how short-handed we were. Why that is, is currently unknown (here). Hopefully they will earn time in practice, we need to be able to use the depth that we have.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Do not know if its' "faith or trust" or something else. It is troubling that neither player entered the game despite how short-handed we were. Why that is, is currently unknown (here). Hopefully they will earn time in practice, we need to be able to use the depth that we have.

Have to think that the match-up played at least somewhat of a role.  Hard to play those two inexperienced bigs against UTA’s small ball lineup.

14 hours ago, Indykev said:

I was at the game. Sat 4 rows behind Fish and Eric calling the game. Just a couple of things, D.Anderson has 0 basketball IQ. J.Smith stands around and next to D.Anderson is the next worse defender on the floor. Smith is also scared to rebound, afraid of the contact, backed up and winched fearing of being hit. My buddy turned to me and said did you see the look on Smiths face? This happened a couple of times. He wont mix it up. When McBob returns J.Smith will see more pine. Very disappointed watching him up close. This team is very weak with the ball and aren't very good passers yet. Passing lanes close quick and these young guys arent used to it yet. Romeo's biggest issue.

When Romeo wants it he can get it anytime. If we played through him he would get 40 a night.

Disagree a LOT with your assessment of Damezi.  He's not perfect...has a lot to learn, but your assessment is over the top.  Thank goodness he was able to give us some healthy high energy minutes last night.

Agree that Smith is playing too soft and that has got to stop.  I want to see him play a little angry going forward.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand. I think I'm just ticked the game was close and we aren't even to Thanksgiving and the injuries are becoming a concern. Overall mood is negative...but today is a new day. So we'll start over again. Haha.

Thanks for overlooking the fact that I wrote wants when I needed to write once....wow my English teacher wife would be so proud of me....🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

He’s made a couple threes over four games. On the missed threes he can be seen with his hand hanging in the cookie jar and backing up towards half court as the ball bricks off the front or back iron—would never dream of following his shot as that would require getting bumped.

IU desperately needs a healthy big man other than Juwan who wants to dunk the ball down opponents’ throats. Justin ain’t it.  And Evan playing stretch four only worked against Marquette so far.

I don't want guys who shoot threes to follow their shot. They aren't going to get the rebound often but we will give up a lot more layups because of it. 

Archived