IU UC Davis Game Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This team is just very very young. Too many freshman and sophomores having to contribute major points and playing time. If we didn’t have Morgan we would be in serious trouble. I also expected a senior Fitzner to be more a settling factor.

I hope Fitz picks back up. Was very optimistic about him after the first 3 games.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

If we could hit free throws we could win this game. As it is I don’t think we will. Who said free throws doesn’t matter?

It's not just free throws in my opinion it's having experienced players this team is probably a year away from being a solid good team let alone a title contender. This team needs consistent effort on both sides that what is lacking.

Just now, Calihoosier said:

It's not just free throws in my opinion it's having experienced players this team is probably a year away from being a solid good team let alone a title contender. This team needs consistent effort on both sides that what is lacking.

Thing is we start over completely basically next year. Romeo and Morgan gone. I’m looking at 2020

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

I am surprised by his play in this area. He seems more sloppy/careless than expected.

Yes he is very much too relaxed and weak with the ball. If it’s bad in college imagine the NBA. He needs to be stronger with the ball. I remember that lazy turnover against Arkansas where the center just walks out and knocks the ball out of his hand and off his leg in the corner. He has a physical advantage over most he plays...use it.

Archived