Duke Postgame Thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

Archie has got to bench Smith until he can execute his role (and finish at the rim). Fitzner is a secret weapon and game changer, but his fouls are almost as unnecessary as Hartman’s last year. Durham is growing into his jumper. Forrester will be an awesome sixth man next year or as soon as he can put on 12-15 lbs muscle.

Justin smith is terrible 

Archie just said on his post game interview with Fisch that he and his coaching staff will take full responsibility for the teams preparation for this game. He said if you want to put blame on someone,  put it on me. He also said turnovers have absolutely killed us lately and we can not continue that trend to be successful. 

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Xactly.  Al had some bad spots, but had some great spots as well.  That's why I gave him the mile hi game ball.  Really disappointed with Romeo tonight.

Romeo knows better than anyone that he did himself no favors tonight,  I think we'll see a more determined Romeo over the next several games.

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Archie just said on his post game interview witj Fisch that he and his coaching staff will take full responsibility for the teams preparation for this game. He said if you want to put blame on someone,  put it on me. He also said turnovers have absolutely killed us lately and we can not continue that trend to be successful. 

Something we never heard from Crean. 

Read plenty of overreactions in the game thread. That was the perfect recipe for a beat down, revenge game at home with the best team money can buy in about the past decade from a pure talent standpoint.

However, I will say Archie now has his hands full after such a promising start out of the gates. We are getting more healthy and have PLENTY of talent on this team still. Giving him a pass due to legit injury problems, but the leash is a bit tighter from here on out the rest of the way. We should be a 7 seed at worst based on my expectations this year with at least one tourney win minimum. We'll see what happens from here on in.

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I sort of agree. I felt that way after Arkansas. This one showed a lack of competitiveness that is troubling.

Yeah....i kinda miss crazy eyes Archie....like alot.  Coach K was throwing his jacket n getting pissed when his team was up 20+.  I wish CAM woulda completely lost his shit on the sidelines.  Losses are going to happen, but itd be nice to have a handfull of Moye, Fife, young Shehee guys that just out meaned the other team.

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

Laughable.  This team is going to lose 10+ games this year, easily.  Weak...

This game was truly college basketball hell.  Having to watch a Coach K fluff piece IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME while Zion dunked all over us was almost unbearable.

That Coach K piece was sooo annoying. Yo, how bout we get back to the game?

Just a really disappointing effort. Is there a more disappointing player this season than Justin Smith? He had a tough assignment tonight, Zion is almost impossible to guard, but Smith basically looked shellshocked the entire game and his effort was just not there. 

Im a Archie fan and believer, but if I do have a criticism my hope is that he’d be one of those coaches/programs where the team takes on his personality and we haven’t really seen that. I think he still has some work to on that front in terms of recruiting, but we just don’t have many ‘pitbull’ type of guys. 

Finally, I haven’t been a big De’Ron Davis guy, but I have to say that I think he deserves to start over Smith. De’Ron has clear limitations, but the guy gives his all, has a solid postgame, and we do need some beef defensively. If Smith isn’t going to contribute on either end,then he needs to sit. 

Archived