Northwestern Pregame Thread

I expect Northwestern to come out and put some type of full court pressure on us early. Chris Collins is no dummy and he saw what it did to us with Duke (and I would imagine he talked to Coach K about us). My hope is that we break the pressure (as NW doesn't have the athletes Duke does) and score some easy baskets off of it. Our guys need to aggressively come to the ball when the ball handler gets trapped. We didn't do that against Duke.

If we can handle the pressure, I think we win comfortably. If not, dog fight.

IU 77 NW 70

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I expect Northwestern to come out and put some type of full court pressure on us early. Chris Collins is no dummy and he saw what it did to us with Duke (and I would imagine he talked to Coach K about us). My hope is that we break the pressure (as NW doesn't have the athletes Duke does) and score some easy baskets off of it. Our guys need to aggressively come to the ball when the ball handler gets trapped. We didn't do that against Duke.

IU 77 NW 70

Collins is a good coach and he'll have them ready to play.  Still this is one we should win comfortably at home.  NW is probably the 9th best team in the B1G.  I say IU by 12.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

IU 77 NW 70

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure there was some practice time  spent on attacking the pressure D , cutting down turnovers and being strong with the ball. Fitzner mentioned it in the press conference. Now we just have to see how the players execute. Will be looking forward to see the starting lineups.

Take a look at the side by side tale of the tape and our keys to the game including:

- IU trying to find offensive chemistry against an impressive NW defense.

- Vic Law vs. Romeo matchup -- see what Law had to say

- How does Phinisee rebound from a bad game with interesting matchups for a PG?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/northwestern-at-indiana-game-day-essentials-tale-of-the-tape-keys-to-victory/

35 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Take a look at the side by side tale of the tape and our keys to the game including:

- IU trying to find offensive chemistry against an impressive NW defense.

- Vic Law vs. Romeo matchup -- see what Law had to say

- How does Phinisee rebound from a bad game with interesting matchups for a PG?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/northwestern-at-indiana-game-day-essentials-tale-of-the-tape-keys-to-victory/

Great article as usual!

Archived