Mike DeBord

OLDIUFAN

25 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I found some promising information on Fred Glass's attempt to "Keep up with the Joneses" in yesterday's Indy Star article about IU Football. Here is a chunk that I found important!

Much of the increase in the latter has come as IU attempted to retain quality assistants. Glass has long preached continuity as critical to the growth of his football program. Applying that to assistants has produced proven results. Kevin Wilson, for example, was able to keep the bulk of his offensive staff together for all of his six seasons in Bloomington. In that time, his offenses set dozens of program records.

Glass also told IndyStar this week that Indiana is preparing to raise the salaries of David Ballou and Dr. Matt Rhea, the two-man brain trust behind its strength and speed development programs. Ballou, Glass said, will see his pay rise from $215,000 to $400,000, while Rhea will get a bump from $150,000 to $375,000.

The raises, offered according to Glass because of heavy interest in both men from other college and NFL programs, are expected to land both men among the 20 highest-paid strength and conditioning (or in Rhea’s case, speed) coaches in college football, according to a USA Today database.

“We’re committed to keeping those guys, because we think they’re very critical for what we’re trying to do here,” Glass said. “Now’s the time not to rest on our laurels or let those guys go away and make some other program famous. We want them to be here.”

That attitude shouldn’t be limited only to the weight room.

“Everyone needs to understand that football is a priority,” Allen said. “It's obviously a priority to me. And that's what I feel in my heart that the direction that we're going.”

I was glad to that there was NO mention of DeBord, in this article. I would hope that CTA stays true this last statement above...... If so, priority #1, find the best available Offensive Coordinator, OL Coordinator, and Special Teams Coach.  Ballou and Rhea both proved their value by almost doubling their salaries. The aforementioned coaches do not deserve to be in that conversation, which leads to "CUT BAIT"!!!!

Awesome to see and I agree.  Would have like to have seen Hart on the list.

If you aren't getting promotions, exactly what are you doing?  Cut bait indeed.

1 hour ago, PoHoosier said:

Awesome to see and I agree.  Would have like to have seen Hart on the list.

If you aren't getting promotions, exactly what are you doing?  Cut bait indeed.

This is what was mentioned about Mike Hart in same article.......

Staffing and facilities investments are but two examples of the comprehensive posture required if IU can make this work, but they are encouraging. And they will eventually require addressing again. 

Will another program want to hire running backs coach Mike Hart this offseason, for example? He tutored a 1,000-yard freshman last fall, and was nominated for the Broyles Award given annually to college football’s top assistant.

Indiana must be prepared to do whatever it can to keep that caliber of assistant in the program.

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

This is what was mentioned about Mike Hart in same article.......

Staffing and facilities investments are but two examples of the comprehensive posture required if IU can make this work, but they are encouraging. And they will eventually require addressing again. 

Will another program want to hire running backs coach Mike Hart this offseason, for example? He tutored a 1,000-yard freshman last fall, and was nominated for the Broyles Award given annually to college football’s top assistant.

Indiana must be prepared to do whatever it can to keep that caliber of assistant in the program.

Keep in mind DeBord coached Hart at Michigan. If I had to guess, Hart is promoted to be DeBord's right hand man and to take over when he decides to retire unless Hart gets a crazy offer from some other school. I would be shocked if Allen fires DeBord. 

12 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Keep in mind DeBord coached Hart at Michigan. If I had to guess, Hart is promoted to be DeBord's right hand man and to take over when he decides to retire unless Hart gets a crazy offer from some other school. I would be shocked if Allen fires DeBord. 

Allen doesn't have to fire him.  Just diminish his duties.

26 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

You can't pay him that kind of money to fill up water bottles!

Who said anything about giving him a pay increase!

Reduce his roll, diminish his duties and give him a pay cut, if Allen wants to keep him in some capacity.  If DeBord doesn't like it,......he can leave without being fired!

Archived