Butler Pregame Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ib4IU said:

A lot was said about Marquette shooting the 3 too. That was their strength. If we win the turnovers and rebounding (specifically no offensive rebounds) we blow them out because I think our 3pt d stays strong. 

Welcome aboard and you are correct.

IU wins if we can adapt to another arena outside of AH. Team FG% thus far this year is .514, but in our three away games we have been at 46% at Arkansas, 39% at Duke and 41% at Penn State. Butler has been acknowledged to be a better shooting team , especially on 3's, than we are. We are going to need to shoot better than our previous away games in order to compensate for their good outside shooting.

If we can do this, I think we win by 6-8 points. 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

IU wins if we can adapt to another arena outside of AH. Team FG% thus far this year is .514, but in our three away games we have been at 46% at Arkansas, 39% at Duke and 41% at Penn State. Butler has been acknowledged to be a better shooting team , especially on 3's, than we are. We are going to need to shoot better than our previous away games in order to compensate for their good outside shooting.

If we can do this, I think we win by 6-8 points. 

Agree on the arena point, as another thing that worries me a bit is that this is our first neutral court game. Obviously we've played at home and on the road, but neutral court isn't the same as the road. It typically takes some time to adjust to the more cavernous NBA style arenas and we already struggle to shoot from distance. While not the same as a real game, it is good that we scrimmaged at Banker's Life. 

Butler always is tough no matter who the coach is and players are. I've seen parts of a few of their games this year and they are a tough, solid team as usual.

We don't have the shooters to match outside shots with them though.  If McDermott and Jorgensen get hot from outside, I think Butler wins it. If we can keep those 2 in check from outside I think Hoosiers win by 10-15. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Agree on the arena point, as another thing that worries me a bit is that this is our first neutral court game. Obviously we've played at home and on the road, but neutral court isn't the same as the road. It typically takes some time to adjust to the more cavernous NBA style arenas and we already struggle to shoot from distance. While not the same as a real game, it is good that we scrimmaged at Banker's Life. 

I think the PSU game was much like a neutral site game.  The arena was maybe half full and the crowd was never into it.

Well my birthday is Saturday. And last time I went to the crossroads on my birthday we were #1 and lost to butler in overtime...I have tickets to go again..hoping it doesn't end up the same way..I was so mad last time I didn't wanna go eat at Cheesecake Factory.  Then my wife was mad at me too..so we lost, I didn't get Cheesecake Factory, and it was a long quiet tense drive back home to Ohio...that being said I don't have a good feeling about the game, but I sure as heck ain't picking us to lose..

Iu-70

butler-66

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Well my birthday is Saturday. And last time I went to the crossroads on my birthday we were #1 and lost to butler in overtime...I have tickets to go again..hoping it doesn't end up the same way..I was so mad last time I didn't wanna go eat at Cheesecake Factory.  Then my wife was mad at me too..so we lost, I didn't get Cheesecake Factory, and it was a long quiet tense drive back home to Ohio...that being said I don't have a good feeling about the game, but I sure as heck ain't picking us to lose..

Iu-70

butler-66

Haha, this cracks me up. I remember that game well - watched it at home with some Butler family members, then had to take the dog for a post-game walk to cool off.

Win or lose on Saturday... this time keep the wife happy afterwards and get some cheesecake out of it!

On 12/11/2018 at 12:27 PM, Ib4IU said:

A lot was said about Marquette shooting the 3 too. That was their strength. If we win the turnovers and rebounding (specifically no offensive rebounds) we blow them out because I think our 3pt d stays strong. 

I want to join with rico in welcoming you to Hoosier Sports Nation. 

16 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Iu-70

butler-66

One thing you don't have to worry about this time....... IU is not #1. 

Cheesecake factory ?      UMMMMMMM. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Iu-70

butler-66

To help ease your pain give me the tickets because the last time I went we won and my wife loves cheesecake factory and it will be w GREAT ride home😀😀

PS happy birthday 

56 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Iu-70

butler-66

On the defensive side, Indiana was intent on switching everything, leaving the 7-foot Zeller on the bench.

“We were in a 55, we wanted to switch on everything because they were in the ball-screen game,” Crean said. “In that situation, we wanted to continue to have that switching because it was either going to be a drive or a 3.”

The Hoosiers kept the ball out of the hands of Clarke and Dunham, forcing Barlow to make a play himself. With Hulls on him, Barlow dribbled his way into the lane and flicked up a right-handed floater.

“Once it got down to six [seconds], there was no hesitation,” Barlow said. “I was gonna shoot that unless Rotnei or Kellen or somebody else got wide, wide open. If I missed it, they weren’t going to have time to get a shot off.”

But he didn’t miss it. The ball hit the right side of the iron, rolled around, and went in, securing Butler’s upset victory.

😡

11 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Thanks , Mile ! I knew you would be on top of this !

Yeah. A lot of people take me for DJ. That's because he is so awesome.    However can't take credit for this. ... he is the one who said wait till Friday for the odds.... which is correct.

Always great to see  you on the board HTD . Take care, and get that health up.

Archived