One and Done rule on the way OUT

Indykev

12 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I'm OLD SCHOOL also !! AND, I believe that we should let the high school GRADS decide for THEMSELVES whether they go to college or not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT SHOULD NEVER EVER BE DICTATED TO THEM (High school GRADS) BY A BUNCH OF SELF RIGHTEOUS DICTATORS what field of employment they should seek !! This is SUPPOSED to be THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , THE LAND OF THE FREE { TO CHOOSE} AMEN and -30-

The NBA doesn't force anyone to go to college. You do not have to go to a year of college to enter the NBA, you just have to be a year removed from high school. You can go play in Europe for a year, China for a year, heck you can even play in the G-League (formerly the D-League). There is no college requirement whatsoever. The issue is that none of those other leagues offer the same marketing/exposure opportunities as the NCAA, but that's not really the NBA's fault/problem. 

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They might try to promote the G-League but will fans watch this.  I know a lot of basketball fans that don't even watch the NBA let alone watch the G-league.

I don't know if fans will watch or not. I'd guess not. I'm not watching the G-League over NBA or NCAA. But, they should now have the dollars to market it differently/better, and if your favorite NBA team drafts a kid in the first round out of high school who ESPN has been hyping up, you might then be interested in watching G-League games if he plays his first year there. 

You are arguing Apples Versus Oranges ,imho. Basketball players are born with the size & talent to be good at basketball ( it is in their inherited GENES) ! High school grads have spent their 18 years on this planet perfecting their GOD GIVEN  BASKETBALL ABILITIES.  How many High School grads have spent their 18 years of High  School learning how to become a DOCTOR ?? By the way , High school grads are not told the CAN't become Doctors !!  They just have to LEARN how to be a DOCTOR !!! High school grads { the basketball players } have spent their whole LIVES LEARNING HOW TO PLAY BASKETBALL !! NO amount of schooling will ever make a kid grow to be 7'0" TALL, either , VBG !! 

12 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

You are arguing Apples Versus Oranges ,imho. Basketball players are born with the size & talent to be good at basketball ( it is in their inherited GENES) ! High school grads have spent their 18 years on this planet perfecting their GOD GIVEN  BASKETBALL ABILITIES.  How many High School grads have spent their 18 years of High  School learning how to become a DOCTOR ?? By the way , High school grads are not told the CAN't become Doctors !!  They just have to LEARN how to be a DOCTOR !!! High school grads { the basketball players } have spent their whole LIVES LEARNING HOW TO PLAY BASKETBALL !! NO amount of schooling will ever make a kid grow to be 7'0" TALL, either , VBG !! 

Not sure who you are disagreeing with, but I agree the size and athleticism parts are God given and the ability to play is there for a lot of players, but you can't tell me Oladipo didn't become a much better basketball player in 3 years at IU. There is still opportunity to develop and improve the skills of every player.

If you are disagreeing with BGleas, his point is not about size or developing talent, it is about how to market these players future superstars before they ever play in the NBA to get fans excited about them and their team. That is what the NCAA has provided the NBA for the past decade.

23 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

It is mot just about the physical part of the game but are the ready to liv eon their own. Are they able to handle the fame and fortune that comes with being a NBA player.  Like I said most companies have certain requirements to be hired in their company.

Archived