Butler Postgame Thread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

There is zero reason to call this team soft. I’m glad I missed those comments, couldn’t be more off base 

Too many personal attacks and negatives comments by a few posters on the thread drove me away for awhile.  Interestingly none of them are posting on this thread.   I agree that we are not soft.  

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Completely agree that his D is a liability for the team. There was proof enough of that after Arkansas and Northwestern. 

Still, he’s clearly player of the game as his offensive dominance heavily outweighed his limitations on D. 

I think his value to the team has him playing soft. We all know we cannot afford long stretches with him on the bench in foul trouble

6 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Completely agree that his D is a liability for the team. There was proof enough of that after Arkansas and Northwestern. 

Still, he’s clearly player of the game as his offensive dominance heavily outweighed his limitations on D. 

hard to argue that line of thinking, I'm just old school and expect a "complete" game from our senior stud.

5 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Too many personal attacks and negatives comments by a few posters on the thread drove me away for awhile.  Interestingly none of them are posting on this thread.   I agree that we are not soft.  

It always gets silly, dont et them run you off. We were down 6 points and a couple.posters were saying they had seen enough to know Archie isnt the answer. Ready to toss him out. Lol

Just got back from the game and that was one great day of watching basketball.  I was in the upper level on the opposite end from where RP hit the game winner but had a great look seeing it go in.  Days like today is why I love going to college basketball games with great fan bases cheering for their teams without any problems between the fans.  You have the bands and the cheer leaders and the roar from the crowd when a player hits a big shot. 

45 minutes ago, Sapperin LA said:

What is Clark? What does that mean? Lol. I've got extremely thick skin and really just curious of the statement!

Just watch the film to see JM get beat several times, he was not even average on D, let alone his poor effort rebounding! He was all about scoring today, but any NBA team looking at his defense will be disappointed!

Because your comments are so off base it is pathetic.  Morgan had a great game and would have not even been in the game without him

23 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

It always gets silly, dont et them run you off. We were down 6 points and a couple.posters were saying they had seen enough to know Archie isnt the answer. Ready to toss him out. Lol

A season and a third into his tenure. If you’re either that ignorant or that impatient, go find another fan base. Seriously.

Great game,. We battled hard against a tenacious team. They probably played with a chip on their shoulder. One thing I worry about is our slow start. We oftentimes have to take a punch in the mouth to get going. It works against teams like Butler but probably not against teams like MSU or UM. I can see as long as we stay within striking distance at end of first half; we have a chance to win the game.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because your comments are so off base it is pathetic.  Morgan had a great game and would have not even been in the game without him

Lol, I'm shocked that you of all people didn't see the whole game game JM played! Normally you see the both sides of the court!

I've admitted JM had a fabulous game on offense! 

But his defense tonight proved why his NBA stock is questionable! 

13 minutes ago, Sapperin LA said:

Lol, I'm shocked that you of all people didn't see the whole game game JM played! Normally you see the both sides of the court!

I've admitted JM had a fabulous game on offense! 

But his defense tonight proved why his NBA stock is questionable! 

The problems I see with some IU fans and mainly the ones on other boards is that they expect a perfect game.  When you grew up with RMK as coach like a lot of us did he always strived for the perfect game but there is not such thing.  They also see themselves as coaches and not fans but that is what we are so we don't have to look at things with a microscope  I thought he played a very good game and without him we would have lost by 25 so I can excuse a few defensive lapses..

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Also, HUGE congrats to Juwan for breaking 1,000 points tonight... What a game to do it.  He’s making his case for best IU player of the decade.

That's tough to say that.....Vic, Cody and Yogi. We are all entitled to our opinion and he's definitely in the conversation but I'd put him at 3 maybe 4

What I loved about this game and that moment was me and my 13 year old son screaming, hugging and making yet ANOTHER great memory together. This is what sports are to me a great connection point for families, friends and communities. 

Thanks Coach and players for helping us all to have an amazing night! Hope all those players have a ton of (safe and legal) fun being together and dreaming BIG.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The problems I see with some IU fans and mainly the ones on other boards is that they expect a perfect game.  When you grew up with RMK as coach like a lot of us did he always strived for the perfect game but there is not such thing.  They also see themselves as coaches and not fans but that is what we are so we don't have to look at things with a microscope  I thought he played a very good game and without him we would have lost by 25 so I can excuse a few defensive lapses..

Right - he had one of the best scoring games in the history of IU today when you consider how efficient he was. It was a joy to watch him. 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If we do something special this postseason he might pass Cody in my book. Hard to pass Yogi and his two outright big ten titles

That's where I was with the 3 and 4. It's Cody and Juwan. Also agree he can surpass Cody.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Fair enough!! Morgan, played an outstanding  game on offense!!

I'm a BK fan thru and thru! To be honest tho, I was taught the game before Bobby was ever hired and I love the "junk yard dogs"!! Give me the guys who do the things "nobody notices"!

I rarely look at the score board! I'm obsessed with the play away from the ball!

On offense,  I expect the ball to move, the players to move, and to be aggressive on loose balls!! We have not been good on movement of any kind this year!

I honestly don't give a hoot if we win or not!! I wanna see maximum effort, I wanna see sound fundamentals, and I wanna see teamwork!!

If these goals are met, then IU  is my team! 

13 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

That's tough to say that.....Vic, Cody and Yogi. We are all entitled to our opinion and he's definitely in the conversation but I'd put him at 3 maybe 4

If he keeps it up, I think he’s going to end up at #2 for me.  I know everyone has different criteria and it’s all subjective, but to me, Vic is #1, and Juwan is well on his way to overtaking Yogi for #2.  IMO he’s already ahead of Zeller when you take into account their entire careers at IU.  And to be honest, I can’t really remember any of those other three ever taking over a big game like Juwan did tonight.

Archived