RIP Terry Hutchens

Bushmage

I read something that said he wasn't breathing on scene and police started cpr.  In my line of work, 1 police rarely do cpr, 2 you don't do cpr for a seizure, 3 cpr is for cardiac arrest

Really hoping and praying he comes through this.  It is possible.  Story said the other two involved in the accident had minor injuries so we can most likely rule out trauma, with him the one that rear ended the others, they would sustain the most force.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I read something that said he wasn't breathing on scene and police started cpr.  In my line of work, 1 police rarely do cpr, 2 you don't do cpr for a seizure, 3 cpr is for cardiac arrest

Really hoping and praying he comes through this.  It is possible.  Story said the other two involved in the accident had minor injuries so we can most likely rule out trauma, with him the one that rear ended the others, they would sustain the most force.  

The story I read said essentially the same thing.  The officer found Terry unresponsive at the scene and performed CPR,  but he was taken to the ICU where he remains unresponsive.

5 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Have been thinking so much about Terry and his family the past few days. Just sending up lots of prayers and hoping he makes a full recovery. 

Here's the thing I'm finding out from many. I always thought he was just a very nice IU guy who responded to emails, posts,etc....and left it at that. What I'm finding out is so many national guys, regional guys, coaches, players,etc.....are reaching out and saying things online. I guess my point is this. Didn't realize the "reach" Terry Hutchens had. Speaks more and more about him. Hope he recovers. 

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

Fish said on the radio that Terry suffered a stroke while drive

Terrible.  Just terrible.

A major medical crisis is bad enough, but compounded with the trauma of a bad crash is catastrophic.  I'm sure he is getting great medical care and really hope he will recover.

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I don't mind telling HSN, that I am pretty shook up about this, right now. Indiana University has a big gaping hole, that may never be replaced.

Here's a great article just released by the Indy Star.  Pay special attention to Terry's interaction with Todd Leary :

Terry Hutchens, veteran reporter of IU sports, dies

Only Ken would post links so quickly for us all.  Thank you sir.

/60 is getting younger all the time. 😳

This one really sucks. Wont be the same reading IUBB news without terry.

I'm reminded of when Roger Ebert died - someone I really admired. I kept wondering why I felt so upset about his passing, and ultimately realized it was because of how often I read his work and how often he entered my life. Feels like Terry has been around in the same fashion for the years I have followed IU.

I am thankful for the books and stories I read from him during his time on Earth. Hopefully we can finish this season strong and have a team worthy of another book.

Archived